Author Topic: Awesome help section!  (Read 6063 times)

mboverload

Awesome help section!
« on: September 12, 2005, 06:56:21 PM »
I just found the Help section (heh, sorry, I usually figure stuff out on my own :) ) and it's awesome.

The whole site is so in depth and so good at explaining whats happening.  It would be a fricken dream if other extensions, hell, other programs, had this kind of attention to detail.  The help section gets put off by alot of programmers but yours was fun to read even though I have pretty much figured out everything on my own.

I thought the "drop down" script was cool though you may want to make the image say "Hover to show image" so it will explain itself.  Took me 15 seconds to figure out why they kept popping up  :lol:

mboverload

Awesome help section!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 07:09:16 PM »
I now see it was done by Romeo Here

So thanks x1 billion Romeo!

Sorry if this thread belonded in the misc catagory.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Awesome help section!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 08:01:04 PM »
I have to second your sentiments...

Of course, it is really hard to complain about lack of documentation and/or help with respect to a free program, but that doesn't make it any less painful. Romeo has done himself proud! WIth his efforts, PM not only has excellent help for a free program, it has better help than most commercial programs.

Offline Tyrantmizar

Awesome help section!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 08:40:06 PM »
I'm moving it to the Other forum.

But I would like to say that I agree.  This site has one of the most in depth help sections I've seen.  Plus one of the best forum communities  :D (albeit a bit small)
Tyrantmizar
- <a href="http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/">Check out my blog</a> (shameless plug :P)
- Lord of the Feature Requests / Enhancements Forum - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Lord of the other one, the [url=http://forums.passwordmaker.o

Offline Romeo

Awesome help section!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 08:47:48 PM »
Well, thank you all very much for the compliment.  It means a lot to hear so many good comments about the help section.  I have said it many times before, but it was no sweat to do it.  Unfortunately it is a little out of date by now, but I'll get around to updating it soon.
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Awesome help section!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:55:25 PM »
Romeo, Romeo, three cheers for Sir Romeo!

PasswordMaker Forums

Awesome help section!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:55:25 PM »