Author Topic: PasswordMaker dialog clipped at high DPI  (Read 9569 times)

Ed Brey

PasswordMaker dialog clipped at high DPI
« on: May 24, 2005, 06:42:15 PM »
When running under Windows (I'm using XP), if the DPI is set to something besides the standard 96 DPI, the PasswordMaker dialog box gets clipped. (Fortunately, it can be resized, but it's a pain.)

To reproduce, from the Control Panel, click Display Properties. On the Settings tab, click Advanced. In the General tag, change the DPI to 120.

Now, in Firefox, click Tools > PasswordMaker.

You'll see a dialog whose borders are too small for its contents.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:35:23 PM »
Hi Ed,
I've reproduced the problem. I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, when you resize the dialog, are the dimensions remembered next time you open PasswordMaker?

They should be--so that you only have to resize the dialog once. If not, let me know...that's another (different) bug.

-Eric H. Jung

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 01:24:21 PM »
The dimensions are not remembered. It always opens up too small.

The good news is that the problem only occurs in basic mode. If I click Advanced Options, then the resized dialog is fine. Subsequent attempts to open it are also correct. There is no issue with remembering the size, since in advanced mode, the dialog is not resizable.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 01:53:23 PM »
OK. In 0.6, both dialogs (basic and advanced) are resizable and their dimensions are remembered.  I will look into fixing it properly, but this should at least make things less painful in the near-term.

Offline breyed

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 02:49:06 PM »
This bug is back in the beta of 0.8.2.  At 120 dpi, most of the text in the Basic Options dialog below the Copy Password button gets clipped.  Since the dialog doesn't remember its size, the problem reoccurs each time it is opened.

The Advanced Options dialog is fine.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 02:27:58 AM »
Fixed in 0.8.2.

Thanks,
Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 02:27:58 AM »