Author Topic: PasswordMaker 0.8 available  (Read 6021 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PasswordMaker 0.8 available
« on: September 10, 2005, 05:06:21 AM »
Hi,

PasswordMaker 0.8 is available here. In addition to the changes for 0.8 beta1, these changes have been made:
  • Fixed username auto-population
  • Works with Firefox 1.5 Beta 1
  • Account-settings dialog automatically opens when new accounts are created
The full list of changes/fixes/enhancements is here.

Hope you like it,
-Eric

Offline Romeo

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 03:44:03 PM »
Account-settings dialog automatically opens when new accounts are created
Sweet, it is now just the way it's supposed to be.  One tiny tiny suggestion, for an upcoming release.  If someone cancels the new account box, how difficult would it be to make the 'New Account' disappear from the tree, because obviously the user didn't want in ?

Another minor suggestion for the settings dialog, it shouldn't be too much work to make the title reflect whether it is an Account specific setting, or a default / catch all setting.  It would be really nice, if we could also have that chenged in an upcoming release, that would be splendid.

Other than those minor little observations, it works really good, as we have come to expect from Eric the master of all passwords.

Thank you,

Romeo
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 03:44:19 PM by Romeo »
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Romeo

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 06:18:37 PM »
Hey Eric, I just noticed that when you go to the  help content, you get taken to passwordmaker.org/help, how neat is that ?

I've had a chance to poke around in PM some more and must say that you have outdone yourself again.  Especially, I like to tooltips, when you move over the different boxes and captions.  Also, very nice is the way you switch between the options in the view manu and with the keyboard sequence.  However, while the ctrl+B works fine on my W2k machine, the ctrl+A does not.  No biggi, because there are many other ways to switch back and forth, but I thought you might like to know.

I guess that means that its time for me to get busy on the help manual again, right ?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 07:29:36 PM »
I've had a chance to poke around in PM some more and must say that you have outdone yourself again.
Thanks!

However, while the ctrl+B works fine on my W2k machine, the ctrl+A does not.
Yeah, it's odd. You have to make sure an editbox doesn't have focus. Even then it doesn't always seem to work. I'm not really sure why other than it's clearly a focus-problem. If you click on the dialog itself (to remove focus from other controls), or tab around to other controls, cntrl-a works sometimes. If you see a pattern when it works/when it doesn't, please let me know... I haven't found one yet, although I didn't spend an inordinate amount of time with it.

I guess that means that its time for me to get busy on the help manual again, right ?
Heh, no rush. Whenever you have time. This is volunteer work for you, no?

If someone cancels the new account box, how difficult would it be to make the 'New Account' disappear from the tree, because obviously the user didn't want in ?
I know. I'm on top of it. Easy to fix.

Another minor suggestion for the settings dialog, it shouldn't be too much work to make the title reflect whether it is an Account specific setting, or a default / catch all setting. It would be really nice, if we could also have that chenged in an upcoming release, that would be splendid.
Sure, no problem. That's an easy one :) Consider it done. It should be obvious right now because the name & description fields aren't editable, but I will reflect it in the title, too.

Other than those minor little observations, it works really good, as we have come to expect from Eric the master of all passwords.
Many thanks for your support and contributions over these months! We're kicking the competitions' asses!

Offline Romeo

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 08:14:06 PM »
Many thanks for your support and contributions over these months! We're kicking the competitions' asses!
As I said before, no sweat !

And yes, I believe you're really kicking their behinds.  I was checking for new extensions out there the other day and ran accross the 'competition', but didn't spend much time studiing their thingy, because I know that it is virtually impossible to beat what you've got here.

Eric, I think I know why ctrl A doesn't work.  You know what ctrl A in Windows is ?  It is the keyboard shortcut for select all.  So, I think that windows grabs the keystroke, before it ever gets to PM - how rude !   :rolleyes:

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 08:14:06 PM »