Author Topic: 2 things  (Read 6831 times)

CDX

2 things
« on: June 07, 2005, 07:38:50 AM »
Two things

1. Hotmail doesnt work. What do I mean? Well to change my password withi n hotmail the domain is msn.com. But when I log in to hotmail the domain is passport.net. I have been using another password tool but I prefer yours but it looks like I will have to go back to it after this issue.

2. Why Ctrl+ this is the same key as Firefox uses for font size increase?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
2 things
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 10:46:07 AM »
Hi CDX,

Thanks for writing. There is a simple solution to problem #1. Go to Advanced Options. Create a a new account and in the field When URL Contains type msn.com. In the Use this URL field type passport.net. Now the same password is generated for both msn.com and passport.net.

For problem #2, actually the shortcut isn't cntrl+, it's cntrl+` (cntrl plus tick). On many keyboards, the tick-mark is located just above the tab key.

-Eric

2 things
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 07:23:38 AM »
Hi CDX,

Thanks for writing. There is a simple solution to problem #1. Go to Advanced Options. Create a a new account and in the field When URL Contains type msn.com. In the Use this URL field type passport.net. Now the same password is generated for both msn.com and passport.net.

For problem #2, actually the shortcut isn't cntrl+, it's cntrl+` (cntrl plus tick). On many keyboards, the tick-mark is located just above the tab key.

-Eric
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the Ctrl' seems to clash with the Firesomething extension, who knew ??? :)

Regards

2 things
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:25:43 AM »
Hi CDX,

-Eric
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the Ctrl' seems to clash with the Firesomething extension, who knew ??? :)

Regards

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
2 things
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 08:08:13 AM »
There's a simple solution, as explained in the FAQ.

Install the KeyConfig extension and you can change PasswordMaker's shortcut (and possible Firesomething) to anything you like.

-Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

2 things
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 08:08:13 AM »