Author Topic: Firefox Password Manager  (Read 11894 times)

Offline quixin

Firefox Password Manager
« on: August 11, 2005, 09:30:05 PM »
Eric,  Would it be possible to have PasswordMaker disable Firefox's internal password manager?  It gets very annoying telling Firefox to never remember passwords for new sites.  I believe I read the Firefox 1.5 will have this option.  I guess depending on how long it will be before we see the next major update to Firefox would determine weather or not it was worth the time to do this.

Offline Tyrantmizar

Firefox Password Manager
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:36:52 PM »
You can disable Firefox's password manager in the options.
Tyrantmizar
- <a href="http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/">Check out my blog</a> (shameless plug :P)
- Lord of the Feature Requests / Enhancements Forum - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Lord of the other one, the [url=http://forums.passwordmaker.o

Offline quixin

Firefox Password Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 09:41:05 PM »
You are correct.  Don't know how I missed that.  Thanks Tyrantmizar.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Firefox Password Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 10:36:17 PM »
I can add the ability to disable/enable it from PasswordMaker, too, if you think it would add value. Let me know.

Offline Romeo

Firefox Password Manager
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 11:29:38 PM »
Eric, if you don't think that it might load PM down too much in code and size, I think that might be a good feature to have, because either people are too lazy to look for the options setting, or do not understand this option setting.

May be even in such a way that, when a password exists in the FF password manager, have it prompt he user if he/she wants to remove it ?
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline quixin

Firefox Password Manager
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 11:42:01 PM »
I think that might be a good feature to have, because either people are too lazy to look for the options setting
 For people like myself! :)

I think I remember someone complaining about the same thing I was.  Like me they must have been unaware of the Firefox setting to disable it.  If it is trivial to add it, it could keep a person or two interested in the extension that may have immediately uninstalled it.  There are so many extensions for Firefox now its easy to try one, find one thing you don't like about it and move on to the next one.  Just things to consider.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Firefox Password Manager
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 12:13:13 AM »
OK. Add it to the list. It's pretty easy to do--just set a boolean preference. The thing Romeo suggests, though is tougher ("May be even in such a way that, when a password exists in the FF password manager, have it prompt he user if he/she wants to remove it")... so let's keep the request a simple checkbox on the global settings tab.

PasswordMaker Forums

Firefox Password Manager
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 12:13:13 AM »