Author Topic: Miguel, hope you recognize my 'LkonKbd'  (Read 15042 times)

LkonKbd

Miguel, hope you recognize my 'LkonKbd'
« on: September 04, 2015, 10:11:45 PM »
Greetings from the Great Country of TEXAS,

Long time since I have been here, much water under the bridge and there have been major changes in my life as well.  Still here just have been very busy.  How have things gone with you and this site?  Also see Eric is with you again.

I cannot remember my Master Password, or am I to regenerate about 250 passwords for the sites I hold membership?  HELP me please?

Online Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Miguel, hope you recognize my 'LkonKbd'
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 10:43:21 PM »
The nature of the app, you forgot your master password, you lose your passwords.

Sadly, any password manger worth using will be like that.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 12:01:26 AM »
Miguel,

Thank you for this prompt reply even though is was NOT what I wanted to find out.  Even if I have copied the RDF from a back-up point?  I had a problem with FF and did a reinstall, solved that issue but now even with my original RDF file cannot get back into my passwords.

This is even the case when it is also stored on the HD?  I have a second computer that has the same PMkr and that is what is being used at this time. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:15:27 AM by LkOnKbd »

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 08:56:48 PM »
Well, backup that RDF that has your password stored and keep it safe like gold in Fort Knox.

I think there is a way to recover the password from that RDF. It would require writing a special program for that (currently, I have nothing to easily create said program as nothing I program in now a days have an easy was to read XML files), but I'm not sure if I really want to do that or not.

LkonKbd

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 12:51:47 AM »
Miguel,

Thank you for volunteering, "BUT"; it will NOT be necessary.  After looking for that file and wondering what had occurred and restarting FF several times even the system was restarted a couple of times, without any luck.  Requested some assistance from the Spirit World and waiting a short.  Restarted FF and there it was just suddenly shown-up, MAGICALLY.  There was one issue could NOT find PasswordMaker listing.  Made another request and restarted FF and there it was as the very last one #27.  Now today when starting FF it is listed as #8.  Figure that one out if you want a challenge.

LkonKbd

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »
Miguel,

If you find this NEW entry, would like to thank you for your replies.  Got me to thinking, that is dangerous, and remembered where it is stored.  Managed to get thingys working for me again.  It is tattooed to the inside of my left EyeLid, BAG! Wink!! 

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 12:43:36 AM »
Ow...

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 12:43:36 AM »