Author Topic: Can't create new group  (Read 19899 times)

Offline madmatt

• Normal Members
Can't create new group
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
Hi,

I just started using the Firefox addon and am running into some trouble: I can't seem to create new groups.
Using the context or drop-down menu and selecting "Neue Gruppe" (I am on a german firefox), I fill out the fields.
However, clicking ok does not do anything. Is there a Bug or are there requirements which are not met?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Can't create new group
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:57:21 AM »
It seems like a bug. I don't have the tools to debug it right now however.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline rolinenik

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »
Hello Miquel 'Fire' Burns, Hello madmatt,

I have the same problem, with a german firefox too. Who has the tools to debug?
I'm new at PasswordMaker I will test all the features. It seems as a very interesting tool for me. But the account functionality (and underlying group functionality) is very essential for an effective using and without working it, I can nothing more test.

Rolinenik

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 04:27:18 PM »
You need some tools to mess with extension's DOM's. It seems the property that window uses to get what you typed in is suddenly missing. As I haven't had to write extensions for Firefox, I have NO clue what a replacement would be. If you open the browser (NOT WEB!) console (somewhere in the developer menu), you'll see errors about the property value not being defined. Anyone who does web site work with Javascript will find this confusing to figure out what to replace that with.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 04:27:18 PM »