Author Topic: GUI Problem  (Read 17307 times)

Offline John Liebson

GUI Problem
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
This problem has existed for several recent releases of Firefox:

As you can see (or, perhaps, cannot really see,) if I right-click on a PWM entry, the resulting pop-up is nearly impossible to read. The pop-up menu appears to be opening on top of the individual site entries in PWM.

This behavior has been seen on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows7  Home Premium computers, with two quite different monitor resolution settings.  The only time that I can clearly read the pop-up menu is if I right-click on the bottom-most entry in PWM, and even there, the first line of the pop-up is partially obscured.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: GUI Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:27:02 PM »
I can confirm this bug... I've been meaning to report it, but just never got around to it.

I don't recall when it slipped in either (sorry)...

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »
Now I really need to complain: For reasons totally, completely, not to mention utterly, PWM is working correctly with Firefox 10.0.1, at least it was a moment or two ago.

I have no idea when it started so doing; perhaps something changed quite recently in Firefox.

Of course, now that I'm posting the good news, no doubt PWM will read this and revert to not working correctly. However, if it is going to work properly, then I shall have to complain that I have nothing to complain about....

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »
It's still broken for me.

Win 7 64 bit.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
Still broken for me too...

XP Pro sp3 (fully patched), Firefox 10.0.1

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »
I read that others are reporting PWM to still be broken, which gave me a clue: I had recently installed the Noia theme. That is what changed, not Firefox itself. Having realized that it was I who had made a change to my Firefox setup, I thereupon changed back to the Firefox default theme and tested PWM, and, yes, with that theme, PWM is still broken.

Just to be certain, I reverted to Noia and tested PWM, which then worked properly.

Perhaps this discovery will help the PWM programmers to figure out what is amiss.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »