Author Topic: What is the default "Using text" value for Accounts?  (Read 14934 times)

Offline whiteinge

• Normal Members
What is the default "Using text" value for Accounts?
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:11:53 AM »
I'm switching back to Firefox from Chrome and I'm having trouble recreating the simplistic workflow that "PasswordMaker Pro" [1] offers using its concept of Profiles:

1.  Invoke PasswordMaker.
2.  Enter my master password twice.
3.  Manually select one of my profiles.
4.  Have it populate a password form. Done!

Is there a way to recreate that workflow using the real PasswordMaker extension?

I would prefer not to configure which of my accounts I'm using for which website in the passwordmaker.rdf; I would prefer to just manually select which account to use on a given site.

What is the value of the "Using text" PasswordMaker field for Accounts that are not the "Defaults" account?

Is there a way to have Accounts use the same "Calculated URL of the current site" value that the "Defaults" account uses?

Essentially, I want multiple "Defaults"-like accounts that show up in the list of accounts every time I hit ctrl-`. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot, in advance, to anyone reading this. PasswordMaker is an indispensable part of my online day-to-day.

[1] https://github.com/bitboxer/chrome-passwordmaker#readme

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: What is the default "Using text" value for Accounts?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »
Closest thing I would do is to make a default in PasswordMaker for the account you use the most, then use the Click! edition to create the other accounts.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline whiteinge

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
What is the rationale behind only having one account type that keys off the current site URL?

Are you guys interested in a patch to add an option for "Calculated URL of the current site" in addition to "Use the following text to calculate the generated password" to an Account in an Account Group?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 12:43:40 AM »
I been meaning to make a patch like that myself. If you have the skill and time to make one, we might accept it.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:02:33 PM »
What is the value of the "Using text" PasswordMaker field for Accounts that are not the "Defaults" account?

It allows you to define a unique string to base the password calculation on that does not necessarily have to be the calculated URL.

Is there a way to have Accounts use the same "Calculated URL of the current site" value that the "Defaults" account uses?

Not currently, but this is a Feature Request if I'm not mistaken... yep, mine in fact...

Offline whiteinge

• Normal Members
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:25:30 PM »
Not currently, but this is a Feature Request if I'm not mistaken... yep, mine in fact...

Thanks a lot for the information and the link.  :)

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:25:30 PM »