Author Topic: Update for Firefox 4 Schedule?  (Read 32764 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: Update for Firefox 4 Schedule?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »
Beta 9?!   ???

You do realize that Beta 7 was supposed to be the last beta.

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
Beta 9?!   ???

You do realize that Beta 7 was supposed to be the last beta.
That theory was refuted some time ago. The beta-test system now lists Beta 9 with dates, then BetaN, and, finally, release. Beta 10 is already in the works, but I don't know its schedule as of now. Nonetheless, the information about major changes now not being put into the beta releases is still in effect, so that, for example, if your efforts in PWM work in Beta 9, but not in Beta 10, changes that need to be made to PWM would then be minor. (Of course, "minor", when it comes to computer program means to me that someone else is doing the work...).

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 01:34:06 AM »
(Of course, "minor", when it comes to computer program means to me that someone else is doing the work...).

Yes... perhaps you, Sir John!

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 12:32:25 PM »
(Of course, "minor", when it comes to computer program means to me that someone else is doing the work...).

Yes... perhaps you, Sir John!
I'm usually friendly, not "sir-ly." As for programming, while I have a rather odd assortment of skills, that is definitely not one of them.

Offline Steve D

• Normal Members
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 11:52:11 PM »
Hi guys. Been watching the PasswordMaker development for the Firefox 4 Beta for a while.

I also get the grey screen when I use the toolbar button, but PM works as expected when I use the Options button in the Extensions list.

I noticed this post from the Add-ons blog today about a competition for updating extensions for Firefox 4. It also confirms that the API is frozen now.

Just in case you missed it. :)

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 12:22:26 AM »
The gray screen is a bug that happens in Firefox 3.5 as well. The cause is unknown at this time.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
Just fyi, updated to Ff4 last week and PWM seems to be working flawlessly (for me at least)...

Thanks Eric!

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
Well, my life has been ruined, as now I've got to find something new to complain about, as PWM's Ctrl+Tilde key works quite well with Firefox 4.0.

I suppose I could say thanks, but then that would contradict my first statement in this posting.

Ah, ha, I have a way to get around this: I have been fighting with Nuance over PDF Converter since 28 December 2010, thirteen days after I purchased it, only to finally have them tell me, earlier today, that not only will it not work with Firefox 4, they have no plans to update it to make it work. This is weird, given this line in their install.rdf:

<em:maxVersion>4.*</em:maxVersion>

As I already have someone/something (namely a quite incompetent company, from which I also purchased extended download, but when I try to access the file to download it again, their system tells me that I have no orders,) to fight with, I shall say, "Thanks, all is well--or at least with PWM, at least for now." (How's that for a nice, ungrudging note of appreciation?)

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »