Author Topic: Howto setup different usernames + passwords for one domain/URL?  (Read 6208 times)

Offline -x-

• Normal Members
Howto setup different usernames + passwords for one domain/URL?
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »
Maybe I'm blind, but I found several threads to this problem but no simple-to-understand-solution. How is it possible to setup PasswordMaker so that I've a chance to switch between different accounts (each with his own password) for one domain?

E.g. google.com: user1/pw1; user2/pw2; …

I found out that in the additional settings it is possible to set a username, but only one username (with one password).
 ???
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:50:19 AM by -x- »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: Howto setup different usernames + passwords for one domain/URL?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:27:58 PM »
Maybe I'm blind, but I found several threads to this problem but no simple-to-understand-solution. How is it possible to setup PasswordMaker so that I've a chance to switch between different accounts (each with his own password) for one domain?

E.g. google.com: user1/pw1; user2/pw2; …

I found out that in the additional settings it is possible to set a username, but only one username (with one password).
 ???

It sounds like you are working in 'Basic' mode... what you need to do is switch to Advanced mode and create one separate account for each user/pass combo...

Have you done any reading in the wiki? There's lots of good info there. Yes, there is a little learning curve involved with using PWM, but it is well worth it...

Offline -x-

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »
It sounds like you are working in 'Basic' mode... what you need to do is switch to Advanced mode and create one separate account for each user/pass combo...

No. I was in Advanced mode. But I thought too complicated: First I created a group with an account for the domain and than therein I wanted to create the different logins with the usernames. Now I did it in your way and it works very well. Thanks.
 :)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »
Ah, right... glad you got it sorted...

Offline -x-

• Normal Members
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 02:14:40 PM »
Ah, right... glad you got it sorted...

If you'll send me your notification mail I can sort it, too.  :D

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 02:14:40 PM »