Author Topic: user provided password not populated correctly  (Read 4518 times)

aivars

user provided password not populated correctly
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:45:46 AM »
Hello, I am doing like this:
  If I don't want to change all of my passwords, is PasswordMaker still a good choice?

Yes. PasswordMaker provides a secure method for encrypted storage of a specific, user-provided password for a custom Account. This way you can take advantage of PasswordMaker's other features (such as form completion) while still choosing your own passwords.

To set up a URL/site in this manner, simply go to the login page for the Account that you want to save the password for, create a new (or open the existing) Account for this URL/site, change to Advanced Options (if you are not already there), click the Advanced Auto-Populate tab, click inside the password field on the login page, click inside the Field Value field, enter your current password, then click the Add> button (just above the list-box for fields), and last but not least, if desired, check Auto-populate username and password fields for sites that contain this URL.

Still when I open the site PWM generates it's own password first. I have to delete it nad then via CoolKey it puts in the correct one (which I saved before). What am I doing wrong?

Offline katala

• Normal Members
  • Amateur Cryptographer
Re: user provided password not populated correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:48:33 PM »
To simplify things, turn PWM off temporarily to use your old pw, or turn it ON only when you need PWM to make a pw.
Thank you.

Kq

PasswordMaker Forums

Re: user provided password not populated correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:48:33 PM »