Author Topic: "Using Text" field questions  (Read 5232 times)

Offline sdean7855

• Normal Members
"Using Text" field questions
« on: December 10, 2009, 02:46:24 AM »
1) Is there any magic key combo that will change this to the *current* active URL TLD?  I've looked through the docs and tried to search on this.  When I create a new tab with a new URL in FFX, the URL TLD of the tab that I first opened Pmkr has to be blanked out and the new URL TLD cut and pasted or typed in.  I can't believe...given how clanky this is...that there isn't some magic key stroke to pop in the new URL TLD.
Tell me the magic, oh anointed seers!
2) It's reflexive (for me anyway) to fill in a field and hit enter (right? that's what you do in 99.999999% of data entry!).  What that does, for some reason I'm too thick to understand, to to kill PwMkr, POOF! gone.  So then I have to bring it up again.  A) Why?  B) is there any way I can have something else happen, like have it copy the generated password to the clipboard.  Enlighten my darkness....

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: "Using Text" field questions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 11:37:21 AM »
1) Is there any magic key combo that will change this to the *current* active URL TLD?  I've looked through the docs and tried to search on this.  When I create a new tab with a new URL in FFX, the URL TLD of the tab that I first opened Pmkr has to be blanked out and the new URL TLD cut and pasted or typed in.  I can't believe...given how clanky this is...that there isn't some magic key stroke to pop in the new URL TLD.
Tell me the magic, oh anointed seers!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but no, there isn't. There is a Feature Request (3rd one down) for being able to create a new account using the current URL. Feel free to vote for it, but honestly, I think all of the new features are going into the next generation PWM, called Abine, so I don't think any new major features are forthcoming for PWM.

Sad, in a way. PWM has become like that comfortable old chair in the LR - yes, it has its shortcomings and quirks, but I really love it, and cannot imagine life without it.

I haven't had time to play seriously with Abine yet and put it through its paces, but I am hoping to very soon, and will create a new Forum for posting about it when I have something relevant to say about it. I do have high hopes... :)

2) It's reflexive (for me anyway) to fill in a field and hit enter (right? that's what you do in 99.999999% of data entry!).  What that does, for some reason I'm too thick to understand, to to kill PwMkr, POOF! gone.  So then I have to bring it up again.  A) Why?

Because the default behavior for hitting ENTER is the same as clicking the 'Close' button.

B) is there any way I can have something else happen, like have it copy the generated password to the clipboard.  Enlighten my darkness....

Only if you are a coder and can code the change yourself.

I'd love to see someone pick up where Eric has left off with the current PWM. It is open source (LGPL), so anyone could do so. I'm sure Eric would grant commit privs to anyone who asked as long as they demonstrated some coding competency...

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 02:40:12 PM »
I can grant commit privs as well (I think I granted most of the privs on the SF project anyway)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 02:40:12 PM »