Author Topic: Question on frequently changing passwords  (Read 4839 times)

Offline zergus

• Normal Members
Question on frequently changing passwords
« on: November 10, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »
Hi guys,

I have a specific question I couldn't find in the documentation and here on forum:

I am using password maker for my password-generation, however does anyone knows how can I provide some additional parameter to the password maker, for some websites (pattern I defined in customer Account options) to use a part of date as prefix or so.

I mean the general problem is that there are some sites where I should change my password every month to a new one and I am looking for a way to let passwordmaker generate me a new password each month without changing the settings.

Any idea?

Best regards,
zergus

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Question on frequently changing passwords
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 12:08:21 AM »
No way without manually changing the settings yourself. Then again, if you're not around to change your password when it needs to be changed (assuming you have to change every month, and you don't log into that site for a few months), how will you know the last prefix that was used?
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline zergus

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:28:50 AM »
thanks for response.

I thought I can create custom profile that will work in command line with dynamic prefix with small program that will for example return current month.

But regarding the problem with the latest password you are right, if I missed the moment to change -> I will have no idea what was the last one used, make sense to me.

Thanks a lot for help.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:28:50 AM »