Author Topic: Getting Password Maker working on a Windows Mobile Cell Phone with Opera  (Read 7936 times)

Offline defaria

I have an HTC Touch Diamond. It uses Opera Mobile. OK browser - nothing to write home about - especially on a small cell phone screen. In any event, if I use PM to set up passwords, how do get Opera Mobile to use them? I think I've read something about Opera Widgets but I can't get them to work. There isn't a plugin. So how do I use PM on my cell phone with Opera Mobile?

Offline defaria

Bump - anybody?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Probably no one with a cell phone using Opera Mobile... sorry...

Offline defaria

I had a little chuckle there. I realize that perhaps Opera is not that well supported. Listen, it's not like it's my 1st choice on the phone either! But the only other option is Pocket IE which is really bad. Is there any solution for Pocket IE?

If I was using Opera on my desktop (I'm not) then in order to use PM with Opera I would use Opera Widgets - right? Which widget is that? Maybe I can find a Opera Mobile widget equivalent...

Meantime there was Fennec - Mozilla's cell phone browser. Last I checked that was still just Alpha... Indeed it doesn't even seem to run on cell phones at all yet.

OK, silly question time. If you use PasswordMaker and you use a cell phone of any kind - how do you get to sites that need a PM password on your cell phone?

(Perhaps nobody's doing this on any cell phone with any cell phone browser... Sometimes I hate being first!)

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
There is something, but is bad due to relying on sending data to a server: http://m.passwordmaker.org/
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline defaria

Yes, I saw that. Seemed quite clunky. Then again cell phones are quite clunky to begin with. I was hoping for a nice integrated solution like I have with FF. I was hoping there was an Opera widget that would "just work". Oh well...

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Currently, I think the best bet for a fully functional PWM on a phone is Fennec... since it is a mobile version of Firefox, and supports extensions, I'm hoping it will not be too difficult to get the Firefox extension fully supported in it.

Offline defaria

Now all I need is a working version of Fennec - which currently doesn't exist... :-(

PasswordMaker Forums