Other Editions > Other Editions - Help and Support

PasswordMaker Click! Edition

(1/3) > >>

Eric H. Jung:
Look what Miquel's working on!
http://passwordmaker.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/passwordmaker/trunk/bookmarklet/notes.txt?view=markup&pathrev=402
Why is he choosing to support IE6?

Miquel 'Fire' Burns:
Click! Edition. I like it.

Note, IE6 is for only poor person who is still stuck with that version, even if IE 7 or 8 can be installed. BTW, anyone still have IE 7 installed here? IE 8 was released this past week. It should of installed if you have auto updates turned on. (mine didn't for some reason...)

Eric H. Jung:
Click! Edition....I thought that was your name for it. I saw that in the comments, I thought.

Yeah, do we really need to support IE6? The only people still using it are people in corporate environments, which actually might be a lot. If IE6 is a limiting factor for the number of characters in the bookmarklet, and it's getting in the way, I say ditch support for it. If it's not getting in the way, nevermind.

Miquel 'Fire' Burns:
Heh, what you saw for Click! Edition was my poor attempt to use the South Park joke turned meme (where the last two steps are ??? then profit). If I had did a line break, the Click would be on another line. Like how the Desktop Edition is under the desktop+qt folder, the Click! Edition will be under the bookmarklet folder.

The only thing getting in the way with IE6's limited characters are explained in the notes (which I just updated) would only get in the way of those users. All other users can have full control of features that are used. Also, as most of the code will come from the server, there's not much the bookmarklet itself needs to do. If I decide to drop IE6 support, all I would add is a loading box to display when the script is first run on a page (as you have to download a script).

Actually, the bookmarklet itself is basically, done, it's the stuff that allows the user to do something it with that needs to be created now.

tanstaafl:
The only reason I can think of why someone might still be on IE6 is they are still on Windows 2000...

Personally, I will be waiting on IE8 for a while... every time I have tried it, on 3 different machines, it takes 5 times longer to startup than IE7...

Also - I think it will only auto-update prompt is if you use an Admin account all the time... otherwise, it will only update when you do a manual Windows Update...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version