Author Topic: Seems Great But...  (Read 10256 times)

ClaudeWSmith

Seems Great But...
« on: May 31, 2005, 03:43:13 PM »
What if the URL changes the location of the password entry screen.

Today is http://www.MyBank.com/login.htm

tommorrow it is: http://www.MyBank.com/new/login.htm

Is there any consideration for this problem ??

Offline koreth

Seems Great But...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 03:57:33 PM »
By default PasswordMaker only uses the domain name (www.mybank.com), not the full URL, when it's computing a password. Actually, I believe it goes one better than that and only uses mybank.com, discarding the www part since you could be connecting to login.mybank.com or secure.mybank.com or whatever.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Seems Great But...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:39:32 PM »
Koreth, you are correct. And better yet, 0.6 lets you specify any URL you like. You can match any URL and substitute any other URL (including the same one) for password generation.

For example, you can say "whenever a URL containing yahoo.com or gmail.com is found, use claudewsmith.com as the URL for generating the password"

Romeo

Seems Great But...
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 05:02:59 PM »
Eric, I love your extension and use it every day.  The new version, however, has some features, which I've been looking for.  So I've checked your site almost daily to see when the upgrade would be ready.  Now it is and when I try to install it, it tells me that install-x8y.rdf is malformed.  What a disappointment.  

I'll can wait for version 0.6.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Seems Great But...
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 05:19:05 PM »
Romeo, I'm aware of this problem and have corrected it. I packaged the XPI incorrectly. The only problem now is not all the download mirrors have updated with the new XPI (this takes a 3-6 hours).

If I can figure out how to attach a file in this forum, I'll do so shortly so you can download it from here...

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Eric

Romeo

Seems Great But...
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 06:04:08 PM »
Eric, not a problem.  May be you could just provide the link to the location, where the new version is.

I don't think I've said so before, but thanks for your great work on this extension.  As I said, I use it daily and don't think could or would want to live without it. :rolleyes:

Romeo

Seems Great But...
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 06:16:00 PM »
Eric, I think I finally got it.  From what I've seen at first glance, it looks like another big improvement.

Again, thanks for all the work.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Seems Great But...
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 06:35:48 PM »
Thanks for the compliments! It means a lot to me to hear people value something I put so much work into.

quixin

Seems Great But...
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 01:32:35 PM »

Again, thanks for all the work.
I agree, this is a phenominal extension.  As soon as all the requests are added from the request list, this will be my all time most used, favorite extension.  Even over AdBlock!!

PasswordMaker Forums

Seems Great But...
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 01:32:35 PM »