Author Topic: FireFox over wrote all information . . .  (Read 5833 times)

'd'aka"LkonKbd"

FireFox over wrote all information . . .
« on: March 09, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »
Gentlemen,

Mozilla and FireFox did an update to v3.0.7 and all of my bookmarks, password file, extensions, and all else that was within the folder for FireFox has been removed and over written.  This is being posted as a guest as I have no other method for doing this for now.  Have too many other projects in the works for now to deal with this.

Thank you for  reading my Poster Roasted and burned,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: FireFox over wrote all information . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:14:57 PM »
Hi,

It sounds like Firefox overwrote its profile folder or created a new profile. I am sorry to hear that. It did not happen to me when I upgraded to Firefox 3.0.7 (or any other version). It is a bug, and I hope you report it to Mozilla.

I hope you have a backup, too!

Eric

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »
What version were you using when it upgraded? If you went from 2.0.x to 3, that might explain it, although it is still a bug and should be reported...

LkonKbd

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »
Well, thank you for this information, have been rather busy with another computer and these strange happenings on this one.  After posting that message as anonymous I shut down for the night.  The next day spent the entire day working with another system, never was on this one.  The second day I checked my e-mail and to this day have not received any notices of your postings, plus my profile is back and my PWM is working again.  Well some what anyway, some of my accounts for the URL tab are normal, some have "URL components: Protocol, Subdomains, Domain, Port-Path-Anchor-Query Parameters."  With those nothing can be done with them, cannot Add Pattern, Generated Password is not shown nor the bar to indicate the strength of the password, clicking Cancel or OK radio buttons do NOTHING, only can click the red "X" in the corner to close the Account-Specific Settings.  Have not checked all but am confused by this.

Also just had the FF Bookmarks ToolBar has disappeared.  May have to uninstall FF and wipe all of the data, except my PWM and Bookmarks.

Thank you for that input and will be heading for Mozillazine if I can still get in,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »