Author Topic: On-line Version - Help  (Read 20387 times)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
On-line Version - Help
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2005, 03:25:46 PM »
Ok, apparently this *is* fixed in 0.87... ? At least, my character set now shows the slash - although I upgraded before I read the post, and didn't look at the character set in 0.86 before upgrading...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
On-line Version - Help
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 05:42:40 PM »
I've checked 0.8.7 against PasswordMaker Online, and they use the same default character set. Maybe Alejandro modified the character set accidentally or maybe 0.8.6 used a different character set and he is using a prior version-- I don't know.

In any case, the issue doesn't seem to be an issue  :)

On-line Version - Help
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 07:33:23 AM »
Hi,

I'm using 0.8.6 version and I do not recall changing the characters. But, you never know. I'm new using the software so it might be that I accidentally erased the backslash.

In any case, thanks for your support.

Regards,
Alejandro

On-line Version - Help
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 11:24:40 AM »
You're most welcome, and glad you found the problem...

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
On-line Version - Help
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 11:26:21 AM »
Did it again... I'll be glad when I can settle on one Profile and be done with it (I'm doing some experimenting, not with PM), and keep forgetting when I have PM installed and when I don't...

:)

Offline daBron

• Normal Members
On-line Version - Help
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2005, 12:24:09 AM »
Hi, I recently installed Password Maker 0.8.7 using Firefox 1.5b2 on WinXP. I had the same issue with the backslash missing.

I had set up the extension and changed my passwords. Then when I tried to get a password using the website, it came up with different results. After checking and double checking all my settings I finally figured out that the backslash was missing.

I also thought that maybe I accidently deleted it, so I uninstalled the extension, deleted the passwordmaker.rdf file. And after reinstalling the extension it was still missing the backslash.

Thanks,

~daBron

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
On-line Version - Help
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2005, 02:10:39 AM »
Hi daBron,
You are right. I checked this (yet again) and now, finally, I've found the bug. You must start with a fresh profile or delete passwordmaker.rdf.  Then look at the character set for default settings without using the drop-down. The backslash is missing. If you select the first option in the drop-down however, the backslash is inserted.

I'll fix this immediately. New release should be out this weekend. I sincerely apologize for this craziness!

-Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

On-line Version - Help
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2005, 02:10:39 AM »