Author Topic: Maximum # of accounts per group . . .  (Read 8539 times)

LkonKbd

Maximum # of accounts per group . . .
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:47:08 PM »
I seem to have discovered there is a Max limit for accounts per group, eight, attempted to add another account to a group and one of them disappeared.  Later found it had JUMPED to the next group.  My question is what if my last group is at the limit, what will happen to the one account that is pushed out?  Is it just lost or is it moved to the top group?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Maximum # of accounts per group . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 01:31:28 PM »
Um, I think you found a new bug actually. If there was a limit before, it was much more than 8. More than 35 I would say (I have 24 in one group, and that was after a bit of cleaning out to not rely on accounts so much)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 03:35:09 PM »
MFB,

Thank you for this info but what about the other questions?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:40:46 PM »
There is no limit to the number of accounts in a group. The only limit is the size of your disk space.

LkonKbd

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:26:06 PM »
Sir Eric,

My system is in my sig my H/D is 320G SATA WD.  I have eight Accounts in this one Group, added another Account and the bottom account disappeared, later found to have been moved to the NEXT Group below.  My question is what happens when the bottom group is full(?) will the moved account from the bottom group be moved to the top group or drift off into LA-LA land?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 02:48:51 AM »
There is no concept of a "full" group !

LkonKbd

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
The END of this discussion, I will solve my own problems from now on.  If you cannot take the FACT that this has occurred and NOT even look into these possibilities then it is time to move on.

THE END!

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 03:53:15 AM »
The END of this discussion, I will solve my own problems from now on.  If you cannot take the FACT that this has occurred and NOT even look into these possibilities then it is time to move on.

THE END!

The fact that it has happened is a bug. It sounds like maybe the account was dragged and dropped into another folder by accident? No one else has reported this kind of behavior. So I'm not doubting it's happened, but I'm doubting that there's a limit to the number of accounts per folder. If you didn't do a drag and drop inadvertently, then you've stumbled onto a bug. If you can reproduce it and give us instructions on how to do so, then we can fix it :)

So... now what?

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 03:53:15 AM »