Author Topic: Have not been here, as if you did not know . . .  (Read 5928 times)

LkonKbd

Have not been here, as if you did not know . . .
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:00:17 PM »
Hey,

How have all of you been without my HELP?  Just dropped in to see how thingys are going and they look a little busy.

My XP system did a final crash and there seems to be NO way for any type of recovery.  My Wife said, "stop messing with that thing and go get one that works."  So I did, took my Computer Geek-a-zoid friend along and now have what is shown in my sig.  Still working with the old XP system to see if any thing else could have gone WRONG.  What caused the crash is the power supply became so flaky that it lost part of the O/S and I do not have the CDs to do the repair.  Even changing out the PS did not allow me back into that system, but; was able to do some scrounging to retrive my Bookmarks and passwords.  A little bit of creative work along with some helpful software.

One question, if I may, where should PWM & RDF files be located so all users have access?

P.S. I would also like to thank you for the upgrade of my membership, Sr.Member, at almost 68 it is about time.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 08:02:06 PM by LkOnKbd »

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Have not been here, as if you did not know . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »
I think PWM is coded to only use the user profile (well, browser profile) to store the RDF, and Firefox doesn't allow for installing extensions so all users can use it (well, not in a way that's easy at least)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

PasswordMaker Forums

Re: Have not been here, as if you did not know . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »