Author Topic: Error importing Passwordmaker.RDF file.....  (Read 4212 times)

Offline TomShay

Error importing Passwordmaker.RDF file.....
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »
I did several searches and could not find anything related to this.... so....

I've just setup a new machine with a clean OS install and I can't see to import by RDF files like I did on the old machine. I'm logged in as an ADMINISTRATOR but when I import I get the following measage.

"An error occured and C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3u73bomy.default\passwordmaker.rdf could not be copied to C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\89E7S5QF\PWM[2].rdf. Do you have write access to that directory?"

I know that this is a "Rights Issue" but you'd think that since I'm an Administrator that it would let me write to this directory....  I can't see the directories below "Local Settings" even if they make all Folders Visable (un-hide them) I can get down there to '89E7S5QF' but can't copy a file to that location. Obviously considered a 'System' folder and thus untouchable? Something change with SP3?

Thanks

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: Error importing Passwordmaker.RDF file.....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
You don't need to 'import' the RDF file, you can simply copy it into your Firefox profile folder (and replace the default one if one was created).

I've never tried just importing it or exporting it, too much trouble, I just make sure to include it (the RDF file) in my nightly backups...

Offline TomShay

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »
Thanks Tan......

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »