Author Topic: Software Requirement Specification for PasswordMaker  (Read 10596 times)

Offline Christine

• Normal Members
Software Requirement Specification for PasswordMaker
« on: June 24, 2008, 07:49:32 PM »
Hello!
As a part of a class of mine I've worked on a Software Requirement Specification for PasswordMaker in greek.
I hope that someone at this forum could be able to read it, (or if not  ;)) tell me how it looks.
[attached]

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Software Requirement Specification for PasswordMaker
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 02:24:40 PM »
The second file appears broken.

The first, I noticed a image appears to be cut off at the page break (Word 2007)

I'll check it out at home, as it seems I don't have the proper fonts installed (I'm seeing a lot of boxes)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Christine

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
There is no need to open part2.rar. When opening part1 see if you have 15 pages. If yes, this is it.
I 've opened it with MsWord 2007, 2003 and OpenOffice 2.2 and no problems appeared.
Try again, pls. If the problem insists, I'll upload it again

Offline Christine

• Normal Members
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »
try this too.
After you download both files, pls open the .zip (needs winzip[compressed with winzip 11.2], not 7z)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 03:57:17 PM by Christine »

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 04:53:01 PM »
Eh, I'm not download WinZIP. 7z is small and works, provided it can read the file that is.

It may not be the case now, but I also remember WinZIP being Nagware.

Offline Christine

• Normal Members
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:28:46 AM »
ok then....

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 01:49:35 AM »
I'm guessing you're splitting up the files because it hits a little above our attachment limits. BTW, when did they stop the .r00 .r02 extensions in the rar format? Had I known that, I would not have tried to open the second part only to get a CRC error when it worked just fine from the first file. 7-Zip is an odd critter for that one.

Okay, at home, I appear to have all the fonts installed, because I don't see a trace of those missing characters boxes. And I can't find the odd page break issue with the image, so either Open Office handles the file better than Word 2007, or not having the proper language support screws up the page layout a bit. Only way the former could be true is if MS broke handling the older formats in Office 2007 in a post retail patch however.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 03:50:34 AM »
Hello Christine,

I downloaded the original files, extracted with WinRAR, and can view the Software Requirement Specification-PM.doc file perfectly with MS Word 2003 SP 3 on Windows XP SP3 (American English editions of both). All 15 pages look very good. All images appear just fine. The formatting is nice.... I wish I could read Greek!!

This is so cool that you've done this. What is the name of the class? Is it a Software Engineering course? Are you a Computer Science student?

Kind regards,
Eric H. Jung

Offline Christine

• Normal Members
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 07:02:05 AM »
That's exactly what it is! Yeah, I study Computer Science in Greece. This project is my first touch with Open Source Community... Hope to stay a lot!

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 07:02:05 AM »