Author Topic: Need help in creating group  (Read 5560 times)

Offline imjscn

Need help in creating group
« on: June 10, 2008, 10:58:44 PM »
I did something wrong when create group accounts.

All I know is...click "New group", highlight the group, click "New account", then, filling the options on the tabs(I typed in username, nothing else). Then I "populate the field" to change my gmail password. Then, do the same thing for another account in this new group. The result is...all my Gmail password are generated in the Default account. The group of accounts doesn't affect anything at all.

Would anybody spend some time help me understand what are the steps to create a group of accounts?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:21:18 AM by imjscn »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: Need help in creating group
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:31:34 AM »
What you are missing is to define the URL patterns that Passwordmaker will use to determine which site you are on when it is activated...

Read here: http://tinyurl.com/64v5lh

If you are on a site, and activate Passwordmaker, and the current URL does not match any URL patterns that are defined for any accounts you have created, then the Defaults will be used.

Offline imjscn

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »
Thanks for helping! Now I understand, my next step is to learn the patterns. Among all the software I've ever tried, PasswordMaker's tutorial is the most complicated one.  I'm wondering if you guys speak in plain English in your life?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 01:35:17 PM »
I don't think its that its complicated... its more that no one has taken the time to sit down and write up some simple USE-CASE tutorials with examples.

The wiki right now is more a documentation of the functionality.

Please feel free to contribute by adding some tutorials to the Tutorials section...

Offline imjscn

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »
Sorry for being rude. I'm just a bit frustrated. I'll try to figure out things, and hopefully can upload a USE-CASE in picture.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 01:57:41 PM »
?

I didn't mean to imply that you were being rude... I was just explaining that the documentation is far from complete, and that, since this is an open source project, any contributions are appreciated...

:)

Offline imjscn

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 01:42:23 AM »
Thanks, tanstaafl, you and others have been supportive. Now I got things working properly, ready to explore more.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 01:42:23 AM »