Author Topic: Using Text . . .  (Read 4533 times)

LkonKbd

Using Text . . .
« on: April 06, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »
Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas USofA,

After doing a search and making my feeble attempt of reading and understanding these technical questions and answers there is still the question in my mind about the entry for 'Using Text' field.  From what I have either understood or miss-understood that part can be any group of Alpha Characters/Alpha-Numeric as well, not just a URL for the web site you are using.  It can really be ANY URL or numbers or alpha/numeric or just Alpha characters.  Is this correct?

If so then why when entering the "Input URL" in the PWMDE v0.4 part of that is also entered into the "Using Text" field that is not the web page I am attending.

Example:  If I go to a banking website to do my online banking, https://www.mybank.com/login/secure , but; use the "Using Text" URL of http:/www.googlegaggle.frump just to make a new method of adding more security to my password.

OR, is that what has been there all of the time and I just did not realize it?

Thank you for reading my lost frost posty toater,

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Using Text . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:22:56 AM »
Right now, PWMDE is using only the default account way of handling things, so as a result, using text is not the best term to be using. When multiple account support is done, this will be handled correctly.

And moving this to the right spot on the board.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:51:17 AM »
Miquel,

Thank you for this reply, as you probably forgotten I do not have a 'default' account in my RDF.  So guess I need to work on re-establishing that feature.  Some time in the future.

Thank you for reading my postie toaster,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:51:17 AM »