Author Topic: About Special Domains  (Read 9539 times)

Y.E.

About Special Domains
« on: July 27, 2005, 08:31:25 PM »
Hello,

I added a domain (com.tr) on Special Domains tab. When I visit a site with that ccTLD and SLD (for example www.garanti.com.tr) and hit ctrl+" I see that it is using the URL garanti.com.tr as expected. But if I exit firefox and open the browser again, it behaves like I haven't added the domain, although it still can be seen on special domains tab. It works when I delete the domain and create it again.

By the way, if you would like to  add the special domain  list for Turkey you can find it below:

com.tr gen.tr org.tr biz.tr info.tr av.tr dr.tr pol.tr bel.tr mil.tr bbs.tr k12.tr edu.tr name.tr
net.tr gov.tr web.tr tel.tr

Thanks for a very nice program.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
About Special Domains
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:51:01 AM »
Hello Y.E.,

But if I exit firefox and open the browser again, it behaves like I haven't added the domain, although it still can be seen on special domains tab
I'd like to test and fix this, but I can't find a Turkish website with a password field. Can you tell me what to click on at http://www.garanti.com.tr/ to get a password field? I can't read Turkish  :)

By the way, if you would like to add the special domain list for Turkey you can find it below:
Yes, I'll add these right away. They'll be in the next release. Thank you! Can you possibly provide a source where you got this information and a description for each (some are obvious, but others are not -- like bbs.tr)?

Regards,
Eric

Y.E.

About Special Domains
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 06:22:34 PM »
Helllo Eric,

The URL with password field is : https://sube.garanti.com.tr/isube/login

Here are some screenshots:

When I add the special domain it works correctly:

After restarting firefox:

I think it can be reproduced, for I have seen the same behaviour on two different machines. I am using version 0.7.2 and I installed it fresh (not an upgrade), by the way.

Can you possibly provide a source where you got this information and a description for each

You can find it at https://www.nic.tr/index.php?lang=TR_LANG when you click the dropdown box. If you click Help-> Frequently Asked Questions and then the "Other Administrative Questions" you can also see the definitions under the title "Which domain name could be allotted to who?". (It is hard to give a direct link, the link contains a session id which times out after a while) Anyway, I copied it below:

Who is allowed to have which second level domain name is prescribed under the ".tr" top level domain names regulations. According to this:

• ".com.tr", ".biz.tr" and ".info.tr" are sub-domain names for individuals and organizations involved in commercial activities-according to certificate;
• ".net.tr" is a sub-domain name for institutions and organizations which offer internet supply services, value-added wide-scale services such as web, portal, scanning, e-mail, etc. over the internet and application supply services;
• ".org.tr" is a sub-domain name for institutions and organizations such as foundations, associations, NGOs and alike;
• ".web.tr" and ".gen.tr" are sub-domain names for which individual and organizational applications (general) can be made and the allocation is made on a "first come, first served" and "domain name-individual/organization relation is not required" basis;
• ".av.tr" is a sub-domain name for freelance lawyers, law offices and lawyer partnerships;
• ".bbs.tr" is a sub-domain name for institutions and organizations offering BBS (Bulletin Board System) services;
• ".name.tr" is a sub-domain name for the personal use of Turkish citizens and foreigners living in Turkey;
• ".tel.tr" is a sub-domain name that can be allotted to individuals and organizations residing in Turkey, related with all kinds of the telephone numbers that they use in Turkey;
• ".gov.tr" is a sub-domain name for Turkish governmental organizations and institutions;
• ".bel.tr" is a sub-domain name for Turkish city and town municipality organizations;
• ".pol.tr" is a sub-domain name for the Turkish Police organization;
• ".mil.tr" is a sub-domain name for the Turkish military institutions and organizations;
• ".k12.tr" is a sub-domain name for Turkish primary and secondary schools that are approved by the Ministry of National Education;
• ".edu.tr" is a sub-domain name for Turkish higher education institutes that are recognized by Higher Education Council (YÖK).

Thanks a lot.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
About Special Domains
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 01:44:45 PM »
Hi Y.E.,

I haven't had time to look into this yet, but in the meantime you can use 0.7.3 beta1, which has the subdomains for Tukey built-in.

I'll post back here once I have a chance to do further investigation.

Regards,
Eric
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 02:51:23 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Y.E.

• Normal Members
About Special Domains
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 06:51:25 PM »
Hi Eric,

It doesn't bother me much, I just wanted to report. I'm happy with the way 0.7.2 works.

I installed 0.7.3 beta1, the Special Domains tab doesn't seem to work right, there are blank lines:

I also came across the blank choose account dialog box mentioned in this thread, but then it went away. It might be because I played with my accounts (deleted, recreated etc)

Thanks,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
About Special Domains
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 01:35:18 AM »
Thanks Y.E.,
I'll fix these bugs for 0.7.3.

I appreciate you reporting them, otherwise I may not have seen them...

Regards,
Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

About Special Domains
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 01:35:18 AM »