Author Topic: Import not working in 0.7.2  (Read 6321 times)

Sunil Mishra

Import not working in 0.7.2
« on: July 25, 2005, 07:35:52 PM »
Configuration import doesn't quite seem to be working. I had 0.7 installed on both my mac and my PC. I'm using firefox on both. I exported the settings from my PC, copied them over to my mac, and tried importing there. The import didn't seem to do anything. I then updated my mac version to 0.7.2 and tried again. Still no luck. Help appreciated.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 08:20:59 PM »
Hi Sunil,

I was able to reproduce this on 0.7.2... but just once. It's strange. Only the first import didn't work. After I tried a second (third, and fourth) time, it worked fine. Make sure you close all browsers after import.

Please try it again and let me know if you still get the problem on 0.7.2 after performing the import more than once.

Thank you,
Eric

Sunil Mishra

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 08:06:34 PM »
Sorry for the delayed follow-up. I tried again with version 0.7.2 on both my mac and pc. I generated a fresh export, took it over to the mac, and did an import. I have firefox 1.0.6 on both platforms. No luck.

Offline Tyrantmizar

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 02:17:13 AM »
When you export it, is there a period in the name?  If you export the settings as "google.31" it will not put the .rdf on the end, and you won't be able to import it.
Tyrantmizar
- <a href="http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/">Check out my blog</a> (shameless plug :P)
- Lord of the Feature Requests / Enhancements Forum - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Lord of the other one, the [url=http://forums.passwordmaker.o

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 03:36:41 PM »
Is anyone else able to reproduce this? I'm having a hard time...would appreciate feedback from other users...

Regards,
-Eric

Sunil Mishra

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 10:31:57 PM »
I don't have a period in the exported file. While importing the file is correctly located and stored. How are you doing your testing? Do you have access to a mac and a PC? Is there any way I can help you come up with a reproduceable case?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 02:07:04 AM »
Hi Sunil,
I don't have access to a Mac. What I can do is create a build for you which outputs debug info. If you send me the debug info, I can determine the problem.

Right now I am away for the weekend, so I won't be able to create the build for you until Sunday night. Can you send me your email address? I'm unable to post it on this forum due to attachment size restrictions...

Thanks!
Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 02:07:04 AM »