Author Topic: Visiblity of accounts in advanced option mode  (Read 15444 times)

Offline owlbebak

Re: Visiblity of accounts in advanced option mode
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 01:44:29 AM »
I installed the portableapps program on my flashdrive and it works great! I will use this when I'm on a guest computer.

Thanks again for the tip tanstaafl.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 04:57:36 AM »
ur welcome... :)

Offline owlbebak

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »
As a follow-up about portableApps, I also just read about a free program called mojopac found at mojopac.com. It is a virtual workspace that is similar to portableApps, but it creates an independent environment on the host computer and is run from usb devices and ipods, etc. I just installed it on my 2.5 usb harddrive and it is pretty cool. What is interesting is that I inserted my usb flashdrive  where I had installed portableApps and it will run the portableApps program too!  Check it out!

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »
And they have a slow site...
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »
Well, then, you might also be interested in this (Portable Virtual Privacy Machine):

http://www.metropipe.net/ppm.php

It isn't 'supported', and includes an older version of Firefox, but I don't see any reason you couldn't update it...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 07:08:19 PM »
As a follow-up about portableApps, I also just read about a free program called mojopac found at mojopac.com. It is a virtual workspace that is similar to portableApps, but it creates an independent environment on the host computer and is run from usb devices and ipods, etc. I just installed it on my 2.5 usb harddrive and it is pretty cool. What is interesting is that I inserted my usb flashdrive  where I had installed portableApps and it will run the portableApps program too!  Check it out!

This looks really interesting. It looks like a portable windows VM. I wonder how they handle licensing issues with Microsoft; I run a number of VMWare instances (Windows), and each requires its own unique license and activation key. I'll have to try mojopac...

eric

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 02:45:50 AM »
It seems to use stuff from the host computer. I ran it on my home computer to find it had a moment where it 'choked' trying to set up Windows Messenger (as there's no trace of it on my computer). And the fact it ran IE7 even though it was set up to use IE6 (the Icon it has)

Don't think it's a true VM like you would use with VMWare.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 02:45:50 AM »