Author Topic: Desktop Edition 0.2.1 released  (Read 19554 times)

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Desktop Edition 0.2.1 released
« on: October 26, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »
A new version of the Desktop Edition has been released!

• Fixed password settings being lost when starting.
  • Fixed using URL bug (wasn't used at times)
  • Precompiled is now statically built to not need the dlls files any more (and results in a slightly smaller download)

Remember to report any and all bugs you find (even if you think it may be your fault, it could be mine for confusing you)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: Desktop Edition 0.2.1 released
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »
Woohoo! Good work! I just tried it, and it is working well.... haven't imported my settings yet.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »
Miquel,

I imported my passwordmaker.rdf. Two comments:

1. Can you add a message box confirmation after importing? Something like "Import complete" or "Import successful"
2. My default hash alg. was SHA-1 but the desktop edition thinks its HMAC-SHA-256 after import.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM »
1. That's easy enough, will do. (for 0.2.2)
2. Hmm, I don't see how that could be. This may take a while to find. (and if I can't reproduce it, I may not be able to fix it anyway) (for either 0.2.2 or 0.2.3, depends on if I can find the cause)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »
2. Hmm, I don't see how that could be. This may take a while to find. (and if I can't reproduce it, I may not be able to fix it anyway) (for either 0.2.2 or 0.2.3, depends on if I can find the cause)

Just tried it again and it works. I probably set one of my accounts to SHA-1, not the defaults.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »
Maybe, but I'll keep an eye out for that bug, just in case there is one.

LkonKbd

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:08:52 PM »
OK! OK! OK!

I have it working on just one site, because; all of my accounts are "CUSTOM" and not DEFAULT of the creator of this software, it is all mine, default is that is, mine.

What if you placed this operational program in the same folder with the original?  Would you still need to import the RDF file or should you really be using the 'DeFault' and XML instead of the RDF?

Noticed you have changed the install location as the ICON I have been using was tied to a different location.  I changed it to the present one so all is functioning AOK!!  It did take me a short time to find the full settings required to have the DT version create my password needed for the location I needed it to create and keep.

If you do not fully understand all of this then take on the Mission Impossible and ask questions, then we both can be confused.  BAG!!!!

LkonKbd

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:50:40 PM »
OK!  Where Might I find the instructions to remove this YELLOW fluid from my BOOT?  That is the DeskTopEdition so I, maybe, can learn some more about how to make it work for me?

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »
The Desktop Edition only reads an RDF file when you tell it to, and all it does is just import the default settings to it's own file that is not at all in the same format as the RDF.

LkonKbd

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 02:22:38 AM »
OK, MiquelFire, I am using it to the best that it will allow me.

L8R Dude,

LkonKbd

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 10:17:55 PM »
MiquelFire,

In reference to the DeskTop Edition v0.2.1 and v0.2.2 reading an RDF file and imports only the Default settings.  It will read the Custom Account if you provide the details for that specified account and all of the settings.  If you leave your system up and running, like on a DSL or Cable Modem, that one account will remain in the DeskTop Edition.  If you close your system down this info will be needed to be placed back in through the Import and specified Custom Account.  That has been my experience, because; as I hope you remember, I am the DUMB ONE that removed the Default entry at the top.  That may have given me the abiltiy to select one of my Custom Accounts.  You may want to test that feature out on your system to see if you may select a Custom Account even with the Default still at the top.

Thank you for the info and reading this Poster toasty,

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 01:51:06 AM »
As doing anything with the default account is something I need to hack an RDF for, I'm not sure what the point in me do this is. If possible, open the RDF file (export it to your desktop or something) and see if you can find the string "http://passwordmaker.mozdev.org/defaults" anywhere. A proper RDF should have that in two places. This might help us in figuring out how broken your RDF file is.

LkonKbd

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 10:31:57 PM »
Excuse me MiquelFire,

I have been attempting to find what is wrong with my RDF file, without any luck.

I did do a search for the link you have provided, http://passwordmaker.mozdev.org/defaults , and find it only once.

The line is "   <RDF:Seq RDF:about="http://passwordmaker.mozdev.org/http://passwordmaker.mozdev.org/defaults/fields"> "

If that is any HELP?  I have been attempting to insert the "Defaults" by creating the file by moving the one I am running with to another area then comparing them to see if I can figure out how to insert the GlobalSettings and Defaults.

No Luck!!

Edited by LkOnKbd > I guess the only thingy I can do is to recreate all of my custom accounts, about 100 of them.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:34:42 PM by LkOnKbd »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 10:46:58 PM »
Edited by LkOnKbd > I guess the only thingy I can do is to recreate all of my custom accounts, about 100 of them.

I wouldn't do that just yet. Let's see what miquel says. And what exactly is the problem? I guess I need to re-read this "posty toasty", as you would call it.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »
p.s. if you are comfortable with it, you should send your RDF file to me or miquel to test. If you do, make sure you haven't selected "Store Master Password: On disk & in memory" in passwordmaker.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »