Author Topic: Desktop Edition 0.2 released  (Read 8220 times)

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Desktop Edition 0.2 released
« on: October 15, 2007, 04:05:45 AM »
A new version of the Desktop Edition has been released!

* A new installer
* A portable version
* Fix bug with URL handling (so that http://passwordmaker.org/ doesn't come out with org as the URL it uses)
* Changed from QSA to QtScript

If you have 0.1 installed, uninstall that version first as the installer was poorly made for the purpose of upgrading.

Remember to report any and all bugs you find. Also, I goofed up the file names (no version), so I'll fix that tomorrow. That's fixed now.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:44:49 PM by miquelfire »
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: Desktop Edition 0.2 released
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:33:21 PM »
Hmmm... I just saw this now. Congratulations, Miquel!

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 04:38:56 PM »
I saw it, but then got distracted at work and forgot...

I have only played with the DE so far, but am interested to see check oput the changes...

Thanks miquel!

LkonKbd

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 06:01:14 PM »
OK, here is the DUMMY again, how do you use this animal?  I have attempted to 'Import' my RDF file and could not find it.  Then realized the search pattern was for 'XML' and there is a choice of that or 'RDF' and I changed to the rdf and found it.  Now it will NOT create any of my passwords even using the rdf file even when I go in and set all required areas to the same as my original.

My Next question: where are the instructions to be able to 'MT' (empty) the boot?  Do I use the PDF for PassWordMaker for FF?

Thank you for reading my posty,

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 10:25:26 PM »
Note, only the default settings are used. So any accounts you use will not work. And all it does with the RDF is import the settings, then it's done with it.

Currently, there's a few bugs I found that needs to be fixed, so a 0.2.1 will be out once I track them down. One that may be affecting you is that the url is not allows sent to the password generator after you leave the defaults screen. Workaround until a new version comes out is to clear the url field, wait (maybe for the new password), then enter the url again. Another is that it seems to lose your settings, this will delay a 0.2.1 release though because I'm not sure where it's trying this at.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 10:38:41 PM »
Another is that it seems to lose your settings, this will delay a 0.2.1 release though because I'm not sure where it's trying this at.

Release early, release often.  Perhaps you could issue release 0.2.1 to fix the first bug only, then follow-up with 0.2.2 after you've tracked down and fixed the more difficult bug of losing your settings.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
I already started work on the harder bug though, and the code is a complete mess. Don't even know if I fixed the first bug or not.

I try to get a version with the URL fix out at least.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:17:44 AM by miquelfire »

LkonKbd

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »
MiquelFire,

Thank you for this update and do not worry nor attempt to rush to publish, work out the problems as you see them and take care to keep yourself on track.  What I have been doing is copy/paste the passwords from FF version of PWM.  All of my passwords are 'Custom Accounts' none are 'Default' so I will remove this PWMDE v0.2 so I can be ready for the next update.

Thank you for this rapid release of this version, and for reading my POSTY TOASTY,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »