Author Topic: A bit of weirdness with SeaMonkey 1.1.4 on Vista  (Read 9850 times)

Offline vicroc4

• Normal Members
A bit of weirdness with SeaMonkey 1.1.4 on Vista
« on: October 14, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »
I attempted to install version 1.7 of the PasswordMaker extension on my parents' SeaMonkey 1.1.4 running on Windows Vista.  This is an English-US instance of SeaMonkey running on an English-US instance of Vista.  However, when I open PasswordManager, everything is in German.  Due to the fact that I understand very little German, and my parents even less, this implementation is somewhat unusable.

PasswordMaker was obtained from the English version of the official Mozilla Add-Ons site for SeaMonkey, so I do not see how I could have gotten a German instance of the extension.  I've tried everything I can think of to force it to use English, and I'm somewhat at my wit's end concerning this.  Does anyone have any clue what might have gone wrong?  If it's any help, the version of Vista is the Home Premium, and it's running on a Hewlett-Packard/Compaq F500 laptop.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: A bit of weirdness with SeaMonkey 1.1.4 on Vista
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:20:51 AM »
It's not anything you've done wrong. I just reproduced the problem. Looks like a bug. I didn't test the final couple of betas of PasswordMaker 1.7 with SeaMonkey, thinking that an earlier beta test was sufficient (clearly it wasn't). I'll fix this tomorrow and release 1.7.1. For now, please install 1.6.2 or you can manually edit install.js: just unzip the .xpi, change extLocaleNames: ['de-DE','en-US','es-ES','fr-FR','nl-NL','pl-PL','pt-BR','zh-CN'] to extLocaleNames: ['en-US'], re-zip to a .xpi file and drag-and-drop onto SeaMonkey.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Eric

Offline vicroc4

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 02:32:57 AM »
Thank you.  I was very confused as to what I had done wrong, but now I know what happened. :)  This seems to be a fairly simple fix, so I will attempt to fix it on my implementation ASAP.

Again, thanks, and keep up the good work. :)

Offline vicroc4

• Normal Members
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 02:48:37 AM »
Just finished fixing it on my parents' computer.  I needed to uninstall the extension, then re-install it, but it works after going in and changing the line of code you suggested.  Thank you again.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »
Just finished fixing it on my parents' computer.  I needed to uninstall the extension, then re-install it, but it works after going in and changing the line of code you suggested.  Thank you again.

Glad to hear it. A more comprehensive fix which supports all the locales will be released tonight.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
Fixed in PasswordMaker 1.7.1.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 01:30:12 PM »
Ok, now you're traveling in time, Eric?

;)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 01:31:33 PM »
Ok, now you're traveling in time, Eric?

;)

Huh? Why do you say that?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 03:44:11 AM »
Heh... look at the dates of the posts...

You transported to the future to release the fix 'tonight'...

;D

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 03:44:11 AM »