Author Topic: Gmail user name  (Read 6384 times)

Offline turret

• Normal Members
Gmail user name
« on: October 01, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »
Hi

This is a simple question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. I have installed PWM on firefox, on a mac running os x.

I have followed the advice to set up a new email account - Gmail - for testing and learning the program.

PWM will enter the password for the new account, but not the user name. Since the user name is fairly lengthy - short names seem to have been used up on gmail - I would like PWM to remember the username as well, but it doesn't.

(Should mention, I already have a gmail account)

PWM only autopopulates the password field. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Turret

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Gmail user name
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 05:25:47 PM »
You need to provide PWM with the user name (which requires you to use the Advanced View BTW).
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »
It definitely works with gmail, so I guess you're not doing something right. Have you specified the user name in the Advanced Settings, as Miquel suggests?

Offline turret

• Normal Members
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 07:30:14 PM »
Great, I really didn't know - although the details are in the default account, yes, under advanced view?!

Anyway, I've got PWM to automatically log me in to my new gmail account now - time for some more testing!

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:08:43 PM »
Hmmm... I think I'm going to need to redo the Screenshots page on the wiki so we can easily link to an anchor for each screenshot...

Hi turret,

There is a screenshot of the Advanced Settings on this wiki page...

Scroll down to see the one with the username ...

Also - we just switched to the new website/wiki - http://passwordmaker.org - so the instructions are all pretty much up to date now... and please feel free to update anything that you think could be made clearer

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »
Hmmm... I think I'm going to need to redo the Screenshots page on the wiki so we can easily link to an anchor for each screenshot...

Done...

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:31:03 PM »
Great, I really didn't know - although the details are in the default account, yes, under advanced view?!

Anyway, I've got PWM to automatically log me in to my new gmail account now - time for some more testing!

I highly recommend you read a little on the differences between Basic and Advanced settings...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »
Nice job, tanstaafl.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »