Author Topic: PasswordMaker 1.7 beta6 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey  (Read 8985 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Hi,

PasswordMaker 1.7 beta6 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey is now available here. There are performance changes which touched a lot of code that hasn't been touched in earlier 1.7 betas, so please, if you have time to click around the Global Settings tab and other less-frequently used places, please do.

Enjoy,
Eric

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: PasswordMaker 1.7 beta6 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »
One observation...

PWM seems a *lot* faster now, opening, selecting accounts, etc...

Whatever those 'performance' changes you made - 'veddy nice'!

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:46:04 PM »
One observation...

PWM seems a *lot* faster now, opening, selecting accounts, etc...

Whatever those 'performance' changes you made - 'veddy nice'!

Good. I didn't notice a change, but I'm glad someone did. There are more perf. enhancements that can be done with respect to typing in the MPW and dynamically changed the generated password and hiding/showing GUI widgets, but I'll leave that for another time. Actually, if I were to write PasswordMaker again, I'd use a lot of the ideas I've learned over the years of extension development that I didn't previously know (for example, using notifiers/observers to update the settings files and generate the password in the GUI)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 01:46:37 PM »
Something I just noticed when reading over some of the manual on the website, possibly you overlooked...

Were you planning on adding the 'Master Password Hash' stuff to the Basic Options window? I think you should...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 03:54:16 PM »
Something I just noticed when reading over some of the manual on the website, possibly you overlooked...

Were you planning on adding the 'Master Password Hash' stuff to the Basic Options window? I think you should...

I'd rather not, but if you want to discuss it further we can. It'll have to go in a 1.7.1 release if it happens, though.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »
'd rather not
Ok - so you're thinking is to keep the 'more advanced' features hidden in the 'Advanced Options'...

I'm assuming that at least, if someone changed to the Advanced Options and saved the Global Hash, then switched back, would it still work (ie, let them know if the MP didn't match)?

but if you want to discuss it further we can. It'll have to go in a 1.7.1 release if it happens, though.
No worries - its not a big deal - I never use the Basic Options anyway... :)

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »