Author Topic: PasswordMaker 1.7 beta5 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey  (Read 8200 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Hi,

PasswordMaker 1.7 beta5 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey is now available here. Let's hope this is the last beta! Let me know if you find any problems.

Thanks,
Eric

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: PasswordMaker 1.7 beta5 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 02:37:39 AM »
Let's hope I can find time to test this one. :P
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 08:55:39 AM »
Ok, the bug I was experiencing appears to be fixed, and I really like the simplified Hash management buttons...

Just two cosmetic issues (and I thought the first one had already been done?)...

• Since it will be necessary to explain to non-technical new users what a 'Password Fingerprint' is, and since the more technically correct term is 'Hash', I'd much prefer that you just call it a Hash. This way, more technically inclined people - who know what a hash is - will not need further explanation, and
  • I think the difference between the two Hash modes will be more obvious if you changed the Hash Status label to read 'Status for Global Hash' instead of just plain 'Status' when the 'I use more than one MP' is unchecked

Just mho...

Otherwise - looks ready for release as far as I'm concerned...

As always, great job Eric!

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 03:24:21 AM »
Let's hope I can find time to test this one. :P

I hope so, too. I value your feedback.

• Since it will be necessary to explain to non-technical new users what a 'Password Fingerprint' is, and since the more technically correct term is 'Hash', I'd much prefer that you just call it a Hash. This way, more technically inclined people - who know what a hash is - will not need further explanation, and
  • I think the difference between the two Hash modes will be more obvious if you changed the Hash Status label to read 'Status for Global Hash' instead of just plain 'Status' when the 'I use more than one MP' is unchecked

Done. Unfortunately, this means all the translators need to re-translate the extension on http://babelzilla.org.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »
Ouch... sorry, didn't think of that. But I still think it is worth it in the long run...

Can't wait for the official release announcement...

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »