Author Topic: Just a Warning  (Read 3960 times)

Offline John Liebson

Just a Warning
« on: August 22, 2007, 04:02:22 PM »
I've never encountered this before, and it does not seem to me to be a PasswordMaker problem, so this is just a warning to PWM users of something they might encounter:

Yesterday, I created a new on-line account, using PWM to create the password. When I tried to log on to the account today, I was told that there was no such account. I then clicked on the "Please send me my password" button.

When I got the resultant email, I found out that the system on which I had registered my new account had dropped a couple of the characters in the PWM-generated password. I've had other systems that have rejected a PWM-generated password because those systems don't, for example, allow "special characters," but this is the first time I've encountered a system that simply overlooked such characters and decided what my password would be.

I changed the password in PWM to what the system thought it should be, so the problem was fixed.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: Just a Warning
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 05:17:38 PM »
Hi John,

I've never heard of that before. Sounds like a poorly designed website. Thanks for sharing it.

Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

Re: Just a Warning
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 05:17:38 PM »