Author Topic: PasswordMaker error on Kubuntu  (Read 4890 times)

DTOWN

PasswordMaker error on Kubuntu
« on: August 20, 2007, 12:55:35 AM »
I am running PasswordMaker 1.6.2 under Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Kubuntu 7.04.  This is not my main platform, but I sure it used to work.  I think PasswordMaker started to fail after the upgrade form Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6.  If I press the CoolKey, I get prompted for my master password, but nothing gets filled in.  I turned on the Error Console in Firefox and see the folling error:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIRDFRemoteDataSource.Flush]"  nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://passwdmaker/content/rdfutils.js :: anonymous :: line 181"  data: no]

Any suggestions?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: PasswordMaker error on Kubuntu
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:26:31 AM »
Seems as though your RDF file is not writable for some reason. Check your profile directory for Firefox and make sure passwordmaker.rdf is writable.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:07:48 AM »
Agreed. PasswordMaker isn't able to write to its settings file, passwordmaker.rdf... most likely a permissions issue.

DTOWN

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 02:00:16 AM »
That was the problem.  The passwordmaker.rdf file had read and execute rights, but not write.  I do not know how the permissions got changed though.  ???

Out of curiosity what does PasswordMaker write to that file?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 03:12:38 AM »
Out of curiosity what does PasswordMaker write to that file?

It saves all of the settings you choose in the GUI. For example, any accounts you create are stored there, as well as upload/download settings on the Upload/Download tab. It's a UTF-8 text file so feel free to open it and take a look.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 03:12:38 AM »