Author Topic: GUI enhancements  (Read 23199 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
GUI enhancements
« on: July 11, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »
edit: This topic split from here.

Eric,
Please wait one moment. Today evening about 22.00 GMT I send you my proposal of changes in the 'basic-options.xul' and 'advanced-options.xul' files. About "text-link" style I was wrote on BabelZilla.
Haven't any problem with iframe. It was Muro's mistake.

Where did you send the proposed changes? Here or BabelZilla?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 02:21:19 AM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline teo951

GUI enhancements
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »
Sorry, I made mistake. I forgot write 'will'. :( I will send you on your email account. That's OK?
Teo

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
GUI enhancements
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 07:50:21 PM »
Sorry, I made mistake. I forgot write 'will'. :( I will send you on your email account. That's OK?
Yes, that's fine. But I didn't know these XUL files had bugs. What is the problem?

Offline teo951

GUI enhancements
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:07:39 AM »
Yes, that's fine. But I didn't know these XUL files had bugs. What is the problem?
Eric, I wrote you - these changes are for better looks, clear code and smaller size XPI. Please take diff code. You will be see what I changed. Now code is much simple.
Below are screeshots basic options.

In the your version 'Close' button is in the not intuitive position and all sentence is as link. Code for this window is very complicated.

Screenshots for advanced options.

In the your version 'Close' button is in the not intuitive position, bad positioning of 'Using URL' element, not flexible button and code for this window is very complicated.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:11:09 AM by teo951 »
Teo

Offline teo951

Re: GUI enhancements
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 02:37:25 AM »
Eric,
I have new idea! :)
One window for basic and advanced options. I will send you my proposal on Thursday.
Teo

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 03:08:34 AM »
OK, then I won't look at your previous email attachment?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 03:49:56 AM »
Anyone try the Desktop Edition? That has a bit of a new GUI that will be standard for it anyway. In a way, it removes the need for a basic and advance view.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 03:58:37 AM »
Anyone try the Desktop Edition? That has a bit of a new GUI that will be standard for it anyway. In a way, it removes the need for a basic and advance view.

Of course I've used the Desktop Edition! What kind of question is that?! Here's a screenshot for Teo:

Personally, I never really liked the Basic Options screen, but it was one of the feature requests from a long time ago. Anyway, I don't really see what you mean, Miquel...how are you going to merge basic and advanced on one screen?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:41:46 AM »
I was asking the other folk.

Note the Edit Defaults button. No need to goto advance view to change that now. Accounts will have it's own window, and the other features will appear in the menu (like the Global Settings tab from Advanced view will be in a preferences or setting item in the Edit menu, and maybe other features will have their menu or a tab in the settings window.)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline teo951

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 01:42:56 PM »
This is my idea. All is built on one XUL file.
Basic options.

I added one new button for open advanced/basic window. After click this button we will be see advanced options window.

After click on Basic Options button we will be see basic options window.
If you accept this idea we can work for fully working.
What we obtain?
1. Only one window for all options and accounts settings
2. Many entities for basic options window will be redundant (about 60) - we can remove them from .dtd file
3. Description in the basic options window going to window size. Long translation will be wrapped. (this sentence will be in the one entity, now is in the two entity)
4. We can remove 'basic-options.xul' file (about 25 kB less)
5. Clear code
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:12:52 AM by teo951 »
Teo

Offline teo951

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 10:19:55 PM »
Here's a screenshot for Teo:
I'm blind. :)
Teo

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 10:27:21 PM »
I haven't had time to play with this very cool new 'Master Password Fingerprint' stuff yet, but this post created a question...

The bottom one, labeled 'Default Master Password Fingerprint' - its descriptive text says somethine else entirely: 'Store Master Password Fingerprint FOR ALL ACCOUNTS'...?

So, which is it? Does it store just a fingerprint for the 'Defaults' account? Or does clicking this button store the same fingerprint for ALL accounts?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 10:29:32 PM »

Teo, I sure hope you have a good sense of humor - because I almost lost my cookies when I read your reply! Man, thanks for that belly laugh, I needed it (its been a LONG day)... :)

Eric! Another week of sensitivity training for you! ;)

Offline teo951

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 12:05:01 AM »
I haven't had time to play with this very cool new 'Master Password Fingerprint' stuff yet, but this post created a question...
I also not play with this stuff and asked Eric when should be placed 'Master Password doesn't match stored fingerprint' and 'Master Password fingerprint is not stored on disk' information. Below or above buttons? and Erick answer me:
I don't care where the password fingerprint text should be (below or above buttons). Maybe you could ask for feedback in the forums?
I rewrote it from original code, but now I see that these informations should be above buttons. What do you think about?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 02:22:28 AM by teo951 »
Teo

Offline teo951

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 12:09:55 AM »

Teo, I sure hope you have a good sense of humor - because I almost lost my cookies when I read your reply! Man, thanks for that belly laugh, I needed it (its been a LONG day)... :)

Eric! Another week of sensitivity training for you! ;)
I'm very seriously man!  :o :)  :-*  ;D
Teo

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 12:09:55 AM »