Poll

Which feature would you like to see implemented into PasswordMaker the most?

A widget for Konfabulator
0 (0%)
Double-clicking the account tree to opens account settings dialog
0 (0%)
Right-click (context menu) in the account tree to open the settings
0 (0%)
Option to hide the accounts tree
1 (16.7%)
Auto and Manual Modes et al
1 (16.7%)
Stand-alone java application
1 (16.7%)
PasswordMaker markup language
1 (16.7%)
New accounts inheirit default settings
1 (16.7%)
Option to clone/copy accounts (slightly different)
0 (0%)
Ablility to remove the button in Mozilla Suite/Seamonkey
1 (16.7%)
Public key of secure sites chached and verified upon re-visits
0 (0%)
Other - please reply
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Feature Priority  (Read 12262 times)

Offline Tyrantmizar

Feature Priority
« on: July 25, 2005, 10:12:54 PM »
This poll has been moved here

I shouldn't have made this list when I was half-asleep.  I'm also too lazy to organize it.

Anyway.  I'm very sure I missed something.  So please reply to this forum of a nice simple way to say something and a link to the topic (not neccessary, but so I can check).  I will then add it to the list.

The main problem I had when compiling this list is that this forum is so unorganized.  People, please create a new topic for every feature!  It really does make it easier!  I keep finding a sentence in a huge paragraph of a lengthy topic that is a feature in itself!  

Also, many of these have been added already, and many of these are only marginally different.  Several can be fixed with the same feature.  

Grimholtz, do you still have a copy of the previous feature list that you had at mozdev.org?  That would help this list out.

[edit:]umm... I can't seem to figure out how to edit this poll...  Grimholtz?  There's got to be that option somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 07:18:49 PM by Eric H. Jung »
Tyrantmizar
- <a href="http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/">Check out my blog</a> (shameless plug :P)
- Lord of the Feature Requests / Enhancements Forum - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Lord of the other one, the [url=http://forums.passwordmaker.o

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Priority
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 11:29:17 PM »
Hi Tyrantmizar,
Thanks for posting the poll. I'm working on getting you access to edit the poll. I removed Roboform-like feature (several parts -> auto fill username, and automatically choose from drop-down list)[/i] because I'm already working on it for 0.8--it is a definite urgent priority so there's no point in voting for it.

Grimholtz, do you still have a copy of the previous feature list that you had at mozdev.org? That would help this list out.
I do, but it's useless because I've implemented all of them except one or two very minor ones. I will go through, find those one or two, and put them in the poll myself.

The main problem I had when compiling this list is that this forum is so unorganized.
Man, you're telling me!

-Eric (a.k.a. grimholtz)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 11:30:12 PM by grimholtz »

Offline Romeo

Feature Priority
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:24:11 AM »
This is a very good idea.  I had actually asked about a list, earlier.  I asked for the reason you discussed in an earlier post, which is that I like to check if I've had a brilliant idea which someone has already had before me.

The other reason I was looking for the list is to make sure that the for feture to password protect the account settings is still on there.  And it looks like currently, it is not in the poll.  I would appreciate it if you could add it.

Thanks for the poll,

Romeo
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 12:26:14 AM by Romeo »
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Priority
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 12:42:04 AM »
Romeo,

I've definitely not forgotten about hiding account settings. I am planning to do it as soon as auto-populate arbitrary fields is complete. Seems like more people want auto-populate than hiding account settings...

Adding poll now...

Offline Romeo

Feature Priority
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 01:21:54 AM »
Eric,

I did not say that you forgot about it.  I said that it was not in the poll.  But I must correct myself.  It is there called Hide Account Tree. - Guess which one I selected.   :)   I am happy now.  Again, if you think, or if I made it sound like you forgot about this feature, I apologize.  I didn't mean to.

Romeo

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Priority
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 03:53:11 AM »
Hi,

I removed Auto-Populate Exceptions List from the list because it is required before Roboform-like feature (several parts -> auto fill username, and automatically choose from drop-down list. I am working on Auto-Populate Exceptions List right now (actually, a slight variation--white lists, not black lists).

I will release this feature as 0.7.3 rather than waiting for 0.8.... like I said, it has to be finished first anyway, so there's no point in not releasing it once it's ready.

Offline trephin

Feature Priority
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 05:03:58 AM »
I'm asking for a method to remove the toolbar button ... either thru a UI, hidden preference preferred.... (and dont forget us Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey users)  anyone know of css lines to do this?

Offline Romeo

Feature Priority
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 02:11:37 PM »
Here is a feature, which would be nice to have.  How about adding a little indicator in the toolbar showing if you are fixing to log into an account, which is defined in your account settings, or not.  That way, the user will know that he is logging in to a valid / known site, as opposed to a spoofed site.  Kind of similar to spoofbar, except a little bit more sophisticated, becuse the site will have to be defined / known to PM to show up as valid.  This would be nice for bank accounts, paypal, etc.

Romeo

If this has been requested before, I apologize.

Romeo

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Priority
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 04:33:24 PM »
Feature Request:

'Manual' mode functionality

In a nutshell, what I want to see added is the concept of 'Auto' and 'Manual' modes of operation.

For example, with 'auto-populate' turned off, when hitting ctrl~ (or clicking the toolbar icon), instead of PM just opening the Account Settings window, I'd like it to do the same thing it does when it loads the current page while already in Auto-populate mode - either populate the fields, or display the Master Password Prompt window (depending on whether or not - and if so, how - you are saving your Master Password).

There is much more to this than just the above, and I have created a detailed description of what I want here:

http://forums.passwordmaker.org/index.php?showtopic=138

Thanks for listening...

Charles

Offline Tyrantmizar

Feature Priority
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 06:38:16 PM »
Crap.  

I messed up.  I changed the order of the options slightly, but what I didn't realize is that the votes don't transfer when you change the order.  Basically, this means that a few of these have votes that they don't deserve, and others deserve votes but don't have any.  

I take full responsibility for this.  It won't happen again, by me, at least.  :mellow:  

For now, I'm just going to close the poll and start a new one.  Please vote in the new one.  Hopefully nothing will go wrong.
Tyrantmizar
- <a href="http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/">Check out my blog</a> (shameless plug :P)
- Lord of the Feature Requests / Enhancements Forum - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Lord of the other one, the [url=http://forums.passwordmaker.o

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Priority
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 07:10:37 PM »
Just out of curiousity...

Are we encouraged to vote for more than one, if there are others we'd like to see implemented too? Or is this just a one vote per person thing?

PasswordMaker Forums

Feature Priority
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 07:10:37 PM »