Author Topic: Password problem  (Read 4820 times)

Offline TomShay

Password problem
« on: June 16, 2007, 08:30:14 PM »
I've just downloaded and installed PWM today and have been using it for the past couple of hours.... I'm in learn mode.  What I'm experiencing might be my problem so I just need a little feedback.

When I setup an account for a site and choice any hash algorithm other then MD5 the password generated is not the same as the one entered on the password field of any site I'm trying to login too.

For example if I "right click" on the field and drop to Password Maker and have it populate the field, the entered password is as if I had selected MD5 as the Hash Algorithm. If I copy the generated to the clipboard and then manually enter it, everything works fine.

I know this must be something simply I'm screwing up?

Thanks

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Password problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 03:27:26 AM »
What edition are you using?
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:40:10 PM »
When I setup an account for a site and choice any hash algorithm other then MD5 the password generated is not the same as the one entered on the password field of any site I'm trying to login too.

For example if I "right click" on the field and drop to Password Maker and have it populate the field, the entered password is as if I had selected MD5 as the Hash Algorithm. If I copy the generated to the clipboard and then manually enter it, everything works fine.
This is happening likely because you haven't defined the patterns correctly on the Account Specific Settings->URLs tab. When you haven't defined patterns for the account and ask PasswordMaker to populate a password field, PasswordMaker thinks you want to use the default account.

Offline TomShay

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
Thanks Eric...... Worked.

I've got to read up a bit more on the relationship between the Default and Site accounts..... Thanks. Good work.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »