Firefox/SeaMonkey/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock Browser Extension > Tips And Tricks

Just a TIP . . .

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eric H. Jung:
...I don't know... they're equally difficult.

LkonKbd:
OK, here is another 4 U if you don't like my last one.

When you have a need to open a new Browser Window, I use only FF v2.0.0.2, and PassWordMaker is requiring a new entry for your MasterPassWord, you can use the PWM box for the first Open Browser Window.  This is easiest if you are not using the "Default" for most of your passwords like a new Group for each PassWord required.  Just click on the + sign next to the group you are needing and hylite the entry for the website requiring the newest password.  Click on the 'Save to cilpboard' RB and paste it in the PW field in the next browser window along with the user name for that entry.

Thank you 4 reeding my PostyToasty,
LkonKbd

LkonKbd:
Here is another I just discovered, it may not be of any use to some or all, but; I find it very helpful.

If you do Custom PassWords like a new Group for each website that requires a UserName and PassWord combination then this may help a little.  Also it may also cause you some problems if you also use Default for some of your passwords.  The list of Groups is more than one screen full for myself, with them being in RandomAccessOrder it means I need to search for the one I need each time.  No, I do not use, very many anyway, of the AutoPopulate UserName and PassWord.  Still using my 'training wheels' so not fully able to complete those orders, yet.  Anyway to move the Default from the list, just HyLite it and rite click mouse button and move it to one of the other Groups, VOLA!! your list is shortened by one entry of Groups, Default has been moved to that new location.  You should select one of the entered Groups prior to moving Default so you will know where it is.

Not sure if any other can be done that way, but; Default will move.

Thank you for reading my PostieedToasties,

tanstaafl:
I would NOT recommend doing this - unless Eric says it won' cause any problems...

It seems to me like I remember reading something about this being a BAD idea...

Eric??

Eric H. Jung:

--- Quote from: tanstaafl on May 21, 2007, 12:07:15 AM ---I would NOT recommend doing this - unless Eric says it won' cause any problems...

It seems to me like I remember reading something about this being a BAD idea...

Eric??

--- End quote ---
Moving the Default account out of the top position is a BAD BAD BAD TERRIBLE IDEA. Don't do it. I lamely coded a lot of things such that the Default account is expected to be in position zero (i.e., th top-most position).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version