Author Topic: export/import  (Read 5314 times)

tomikk

export/import
« on: July 25, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »
Adding more and more security options (choice of ciphers, usernames, counters and most recently choice of characters) leads to big problem for users who works on more than one computer. Would it be possible to export/import all accounts with options to/from simple plain text file? One can e-mail this file to himself, put it on USB token or whatever. Even on-line password maker could import those plain text options via cut and paste. Idea is something really simple like this:
[folder][account_name][account_desc][hash_name]...etc... (one account per line)

And one more thing: newly created accounts should inherit default settings. Its annoyng to set-up hash type, password lenght etc. every time I create new account.

Thanks and keep great work
T.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
export/import
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 04:42:55 PM »
Hi tomikk,

Would it be possible to export/import all accounts with options to/from simple plain text file?

This feature has been part of PasswordMaker for quite some time. Go to Advanced Settings. Click the File Menu. You'll see options for Import Settings/Export Settings.

And one more thing: newly created accounts should inherit default settings. Its annoyng to set-up hash type, password lenght etc. every time I create new account.
Great idea. I will add that shortly.

Thanks and keep great work
Thank you :)

Regards,
Eric

tomikk

export/import
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 08:01:49 AM »
This feature has been part of PasswordMaker for quite some time. Go to Advanced Settings. Click the File Menu. You'll see options for Import Settings/Export Settings.

Very well hidden. :)
Thanks, it works perfectly.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
export/import
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 02:48:32 PM »
Hi tomikk,

If you have any ideas on how to make it more visible, I'd greatly appreciate them

Thanks,
Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

export/import
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 02:48:32 PM »