Author Topic: Mozilla Minimo Support  (Read 11921 times)

Offline TMXOD

• Normal Members
Mozilla Minimo Support
« on: April 14, 2007, 01:28:30 PM »
I tried to get PWM running in Minimo, by following these instructions to no avail.

Even if PWM ran in minimo, there would still be the issue of making the interface work on small displays without loss of function.

I mainly want this as a stand-alone PWM, which generates the passwords and I type them on another computer.

My motivation behind this is to have Minimo as a full-working browser, but have the ability to use my settings in PWM (I use different configurations for different sites). I'd vote for the standalone Java app, I'd even be able to contribute in coding that, but my device does not have an easy way to run java applications.

If anyone cares, I'm running Minimo on a Mitac Mio P550 PDA

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Mozilla Minimo Support
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »
What is Minimo? If you're trying to use the online PasswordMaker with PocketIE, it won't work. PocketIE has little or no javascripting ability.

Offline TMXOD

• Normal Members
Mozilla Minimo Support
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
What is Minimo? If you're trying to use the online PasswordMaker with PocketIE, it won't work. PocketIE has little or no javascripting ability.

Minimo is Mozilla's answer to Pocket IE and Opera Mobile, it is a work in progress, but when finished it should be a great browser. You (and anyone else interested) can find out about it on the Minimo project Website.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Mozilla Minimo Support
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 01:39:47 AM »
OK, I see. That looks cool. I'll see what kind of Javascript support it has to see if PasswordMaker has any hope of running on it.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Mozilla Minimo Support
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:01:04 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
Let me know if you want me to add this as a FR...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Mozilla Minimo Support
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 03:45:09 AM »
I guess we could add it for tracking, but unless there's more demand for getting passwordmaker to work with Minimo, I've little interest in doing so...what do  you think?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Mozilla Minimo Support
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 12:58:08 PM »
Personally, I don't browse the web from a mobile device, and don't have any plans to start doing so any time soon... but I went ahead and added it as an FR anyway, with a vote from TMXOD...

Offline TMXOD

• Normal Members
Mozilla Minimo Support
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 08:30:33 PM »
I usually use the pda for web browsing as a last resort, but I mentioned Minimo because it is the firefox equivalent in the PDA world, which I think would make porting easier, instead of doing a java/native version with the interface/hashing code from scratch. If PWM is implemented as a minimo extension, all that would have to be dealt with is the constraints of the small screen. As far as PWM in Minimo goes, I'd use it to generate the passwords, and then type them in a computer, in case I can't use Firefox Portable...

PasswordMaker Forums

Mozilla Minimo Support
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 08:30:33 PM »