Author Topic: Localization  (Read 826054 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: Localization
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 03:44:31 PM »
We can get rid of bolds. The links I'd like to keep, but if it's too much trouble, then get rid of them... especially the opening in the iframe problem. Ok, get rid of links, too. By the way, the .link CSS class isn't necessary. There is a built-in class called "text-link".

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 03:58:20 PM »
We should get rid of /locale/xx-XX/character-tips.html and go back to the old way since now there will be no markup in tips. This will keep XPI size smaller and prevent yet another file for translation (character-tips.html).

Offline teo951

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »
Eric,
Please wait one moment. Today evening about 22.00 GMT I will send you my proposal of changes in the 'basic-options.xul' and 'advanced-options.xul' files. About "text-link" style I was wrote on BabelZilla.
Haven't any problem with iframe. It was Muro's mistake.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 06:40:20 PM by teo951 »
Teo

m4j3s4

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2007, 09:53:35 PM »
Eric, those changes proposed by Teo doesn't have anything to do with "tips.xul", does it?

Should I keep on removing the bolds and links?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »
Eric, those changes proposed by Teo doesn't have anything to do with "tips.xul", does it?
No, this has nothing to do with localization and tips.xul. Teo just like to work on GUI stuff.

Should I keep on removing the bolds and links?
Yes, please.

Topic split and moved here
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 02:22:29 AM by Eric H. Jung »

m4j3s4

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2007, 04:48:06 AM »
I made the changes to the "Tips" window as we last talked.
The window now looks like this:

I removed the bolds, links and line breaks from "passwdmaker.dtd". I also split the entity tips.001.innerHTML into tips.001a.innerHTML and tips.001b.innerHTML in order to keep two lines on top of the window.

This new version runs on SeaMonkey but it doesn't display the localized strings. I must still debug it.

Now, we should upload to BabelZilla the changed "passwdmaker.dtd" and warn the others translators about these changes.

Besides, I added my name to the About Box. Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 05:13:27 AM by Mauro »

Offline teo951

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2007, 10:15:36 PM »
I see you preferred html, me xul :). Please tell me for what are two buttons 'OK' and 'Cancel' What 'OK' button working?
Teo

Offline Goofy

• Normal Members
  • Think Global, Make Locales!
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2007, 11:54:18 PM »
 :D I suppose teo means one "Close" button would be enough ;)

m4j3s4

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007, 02:00:50 AM »
The previous screen is about localization only. The "OK" and "Cancel" buttons already existed in the original. I haven't changed that.

I tried not to change the original code much. I'm just adding localization.

But I think that one button would be better, too.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 02:06:15 AM by Mauro »

m4j3s4

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007, 03:35:16 AM »
Eric, yesterday I made the following changes to "passwdmaker.dtd":
- split of tips.001.innerHTML into tips.001a.innerHTML and tips.001b.innerHTML;
- removal of bolds, links and line breaks from tips.002.innerHTML, tips.007.innerHTML and tips.008.innerHTML.

I think we should now send them to BabelZilla and warn the translators about them.

How can we do that?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »
Eric, yesterday I made the following changes to "passwdmaker.dtd":
- split of tips.001.innerHTML into tips.001a.innerHTML and tips.001b.innerHTML;
- removal of bolds, links and line breaks from tips.002.innerHTML, tips.007.innerHTML and tips.008.innerHTML.

I think we should now send them to BabelZilla and warn the translators about them.

How can we do that?

Yes, I will do that tonight as well as make just one button on the dialog.

Offline Goofy

• Normal Members
  • Think Global, Make Locales!
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2007, 05:25:59 PM »
In case it may interest other localizations addicts ;), this is a version including a tips.xul with all special characters that need no translation, instead of having them in the dtd.

Changes are to be seen here
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/139941

xpi to be grabbed here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9d46v

m4j3s4

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2007, 02:51:01 AM »
The current English version of "passwdmaker.dtd" file on SourceForge is not the same as the one on BabelZilla.
These entities are missing in the BabelZilla English version:
- options.005.label, options.005.accesskey, options.005.tooltip
- advanced-options.034a.value, advanced-options.034a.accesskey, advanced-options.034a.tooltiptext

Therefore, those entities are also missing in the other languages, which causes errors with current SourceForge version of "options.xul".

Eric, could you please upload the current version of "passwdmaker.dtd" file to BabelZilla? Thank you in advance.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2007, 03:14:37 AM »
Eric, could you please upload the current version of "passwdmaker.dtd" file to BabelZilla? Thank you in advance.

Hi Mauro, I'm not ignoring you. I'm adding some more code with new strings that need translation. Rather than upload the version right now to Babelzilla, I'd like to wait until I'm complete (this week) and upload it then. That way, translators will only have to translate one XPI. Hope you understand? If you'd like me to email the XPI to you directly, let me know... I can do that.

Eric

m4j3s4

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2007, 12:19:47 AM »

Hi Mauro, I'm not ignoring you. I'm adding some more code with new strings that need translation. Rather than upload the version right now to Babelzilla, I'd like to wait until I'm complete (this week) and upload it then. That way, translators will only have to translate one XPI. Hope you understand? If you'd like me to email the XPI to you directly, let me know... I can do that.

Eric

No problem. I thought I'd better warn you about those missing entities in case you hadn't noticed. No need to send me the XPI. Thank you, anyway.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2007, 12:19:47 AM »