Author Topic: Localization  (Read 826806 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: Localization
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 05:18:03 AM »
I've committed Mauro's localization to Subversion here: https://passwordmaker.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/passwordmaker/ff+moz+ns+flock/tags/L10n. It can be viewed online here. Now it has to be merged into the trunk. I'll post again when that's done.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 03:04:10 AM »
Hi Mauro,

I have a question. In updownload.js (your version: here, 1.6.1 version: here), you moved this code:

Code: [Select]
var unicodeConverter = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/intl/scriptableunicodeconverter"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIScriptableUnicodeConverter);
  unicodeConverter.charset = "UTF-8";
  this.data = unicodeConverter.ConvertToUnicode(this.data) + unicodeConverter.Finish();

from the start() function to the onStreamComplete() function. Is this a mistake or a bug fix?

Thanks for your reply,
Eric

m4j3s4

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 02:27:42 AM »
It's a bug fix.
I did so because I was getting messed up characters when downloading an uploaded configuration file which contains non-english caracters. For example, if a file contains "Padrão" (portuguese for "Default"), it turns to "Padrão".
Moving that code avoid the problem.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 11:53:29 PM »
OK, thanks. One more question. In basic-options.xul, Accounts is not translated (line 432 here). Is this a mistake?
edit:: I just realized this doesn't need to be translated since it's never displayed. Ignore that question.

I should have the merge completed today or tomorrow and will then submit to BabelZilla. Are you registered there? I'd like you to register as pt-br translator. Also, I'd like to credit you in About.xul. for your superb work! What name would you like to use? And do you want your name hyperlinked to a website or email address?

Thanks,
Eric

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 02:35:21 AM »
Mauro,

Do you know why you modified install.js script from:
extLocaleNames: ['en-US'], // e.g. ['en-US', 'en-GB']
to:

extLocaleNames: null, // e.g. ['en-US', 'en-GB']
I thought it should be changed to:

extLocaleNames: ['en-US','pt-BR'], // e.g. ['en-US', 'en-GB']
No??

Also, after merging John Lenz's contribution into the trunk, the following new strings need to be translated:

advanced-options.xul:
(passwdmaker.dtd)
<!ENTITY advanced-options.101.label "Store Master Password Fingerprint for all accounts">
<!ENTITY advanced-options.101.tooltiptext "This is used to validate that future master passwords typed here match this master password.">
<!ENTITY advanced-options.102.label "Store Master Password Fingerprint for selected account">
<!ENTITY advanced-options.102.tooltiptext "This is used to validate that future master passwords typed here match this master password.">
<!ENTITY advanced-options.103.label "Master Password Fingerprint for selected account">
<!ENTITY advanced-options.104.label "Default Master Password Fingerprint">

passwordprompt.js:
(passwdmaker.properties)
passwordprompt.onOK.03=The master password is not correct.

passwordMakerOverlay.js:
(passwdmaker.properties)
passwdmakerOverlay.generatepassword.03=Master Password matches stored fingerprint
passwdmakerOverlay.generatepassword.04=Master Password doesn't match stored fingerprint
passwdmakerOverlay.generatepassword.05=Master Password fingerprint is not stored on disk

Thanks,
Eric

m4j3s4

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 07:42:55 PM »
I based my work on version 1.6.2. That version contains this code:

textLocaleNames: null, // e.g. ['en-US', 'en-GB'].
I made no changes to that line because "install.js" is only required for Mozilla Suite, SeaMonkey and pre-release versions of Firefox. I tested the localization only on Firefox 2.0.

Today I've tested the new localized version on SeaMonkey and it doesn't work. Even with "extLocaleNames: ['en-US','pt-BR']". I'm going to debug it on SeaMonkey and make the corrections.

I will translate the new strings, as well.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 08:25:17 PM »
I will translate the new strings, as well.

Thank you. Maybe you could register at BabelZilla and translate them there instead of submitting a patch? It would be easier for me. I uploaded PasswordMaker 1.7b1 to BabelZilla yesterday.

m4j3s4

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 02:05:12 AM »
I'm trying to translate the new strings at BabelZilla but I can't make the version 1.7b1 work on Firefox with pt-BR locale.
That's because BabelZilla doesn't support adding HTML tags inside entities in "passwdmaker.dtd" file and it messes up "tips.008.innerHTML" entity, which contains several HTML tags.

For instance, if an entity contains:
<br/>,then BabelZilla converts it to:
&lt;br/&gt;That results in the HTML tag being shown on PasswordMaker window instead of a line break.

I'm afraid we'll have to change "passwdmaker.dtd" file and remove the HTML tags from the entities.

Offline Goofy

• Normal Members
  • Think Global, Make Locales!
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 08:35:26 AM »
:) I confirm you cannot drop html tags inside a dtd file without much problems.

(sorry for double posting, this message also on BabelZilla)

I know only a safe solution which is also a bit tedious. You should leave every html tag in the xul file and slalom around them with entities.
A simple example here :

Initial line 48 in tips.xul
<li>The order of the characters affects what is generated! Using <b>0123456789abcdef</b> creates different passwords<br/>than using <b>abcdef0123456789</b>"></li><br/>
Final line 48 in tips.xul
<li>&tip7.1;&nbsp;<b>0123456789abcdef</b>&nbsp;&tip7.2;<br/>&tip7.3;&nbsp;<b>abcdef0123456789</b>"></li><br/>(Note the addition of non-breaking spaces)

Corresponding entities in the related *.dtd
<!ENTITY tip7.1 "The order of the characters affects what is generated! Using">
<!ENTITY tip7.2 "creates different passwords">
<!ENTITY tip7.3 "than using"

m4j3s4

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 07:47:27 PM »
I beg you pardon, but doing that can make difficult translating to some languages that don't use the same word order as English. Don't you think?

I would suggest removing the bold tags and anchor tags, which I think are not needed. As for the break-line tag, I think we can create one entity for each line.

What do you think?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »
Mauro, do you what subversion commit access to contribute these changes?

Offline Goofy

• Normal Members
  • Think Global, Make Locales!
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 08:15:28 PM »
I beg you pardon, but doing that can make difficult translating to some languages that don't use the same word order as English. Don't you think?

I would suggest removing the bold tags and anchor tags, which I think are not needed. As for the break-line tag, I think we can create one entity for each line.

What do you think?

:) Have a look here
http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=3334&view=findpost&p=30904

I don't think it very difficult for translators to find tricks and get things in their language properly, in the case of these strings.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 08:17:07 PM by Goofy »

m4j3s4

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 08:25:04 PM »
Eric, if you allow me access to subversion, I will make the changes.

However, I need you to decide what to do about the HTML tags: breaking up the strings, as Gooffy suggested, or remove the HTML tags.

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 08:45:30 PM »
Note, the way install.js is setup, the dtd and properties files should be in a passwdmaker subdirectory of the locale.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 09:26:36 PM »
Quote from: miquelfire
Note, the way install.js is setup, the dtd and properties files should be in a passwdmaker subdirectory of the locale.
I will fix install.rdf so it doesn't have the extra passwdmaker subdirectory (or you can do it if you like, it's a simple change and you have SVN commit privs).

Quote from: Mauro
Eric, if you allow me access to subversion, I will make the changes.
I need your userid on SourceForge. That is where Subversion is hosted for PasswordMaker.

Quote from: Mauro
I need you to decide what to do about the HTML tags
I think we should go with Goofy's suggestion, but I don't really care one way or the other. I like Goofy's suggestion more only because it allows us to use HTML markup in strings. With the solution you propose, we are a little more restricted in the future. I will leave it to you to decide, Mauro.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 09:26:36 PM »