Author Topic: Import/Export Settings  (Read 4555 times)

Offline neilmusgrove

• Normal Members
Import/Export Settings
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:44:32 PM »
Hi ,

I run Linux at home and Windows at work and import settings from ftp when they have changed. This causes a problem though which is the settings for the backup directory for the rdl file. When i import from linux into windows that setting is changed to something like "\usr\......" which in windows is not valid. I then have to manually change it to a valid dir in windows. Same problem the other way.

Would it be possible to have just a import password settings option rather than import all settings.

Brilliant software by the way!

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Import/Export Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:51:36 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the compliments. I'll consider import of only passwords, but since you're the only person who's asked for this, it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

-Eric

Offline TMXOD

• Normal Members
Import/Export Settings
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 01:35:43 PM »
Since you run linux at home, you must surely have the stream editor installed (commonly known as `sed`). If I were you, I'd add a script to your logout procedure that would do a "sed -e 's/(properly-escaped unix-style path)/(properly-escaped windows-style path)/gi' < (settings file) > (temp file)" and then ftp (temp file) to your destination, and on logon, retrieve the file from ftp and run "sed -e 's/(properly-escaped windows-style path)/(properly-escaped unix-style path)/gi' < (temp file) > (settings file)"...

PasswordMaker Forums

Import/Export Settings
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 01:35:43 PM »