Author Topic: Using PM on sites accessed by others with same PW  (Read 3782 times)

Offline bmoller

• Normal Members
Using PM on sites accessed by others with same PW
« on: February 27, 2007, 07:41:03 PM »
I am IT for a small non-profit.  I love the security PM offers, but I access sites that others in the orgnization need to access at times as well.  Is there a work around?  I would like to use PM on my laptop, but others in the organization will look at me with a blank stare if I even think about talking to them about PW encryption, etc.

It seems that the only way to go is to set everything up on my computer, and then export those settings to the others in the organization, is this correct or can I use PM while they do not?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 03:13:55 AM »
I know of a trick that allows one to have the generated password be the same as a predetermined one by altering the character set.

Not sure if the that method was ever posted outside of the development forums though however. I have to try and remember to look that up some time.

[edit] Err, anyway, there's no sure fire answer really, you could do it both ways, depends on what's most covenant for your team I guess.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:15:08 AM by miquelfire »
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »
Quote from: Brock
I am IT for a small non-profit.  I love the security PM offers, but I access sites that others in the orgnization need to access at times as well.  Is there a work around?  I would like to use PM on my laptop, but others in the organization will look at me with a blank stare if I even think about talking to them about PW encryption, etc.

It seems that the only way to go is to set everything up on my computer, and then export those settings to the others in the organization, is this correct or can I use PM while they do not?

Thanks in advance!
Does everyone access the same ACCOUNTS? Or do they each have their own user account/password, but just access the same site/login page?

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »