Author Topic: TRYING to download PWM?  (Read 5202 times)

Offline Chris Goddard

• Normal Members
TRYING to download PWM?
« on: February 22, 2007, 12:42:30 PM »
I am having some difficulty with passwords so when i saw THIS!! I was on it like a crazed........ Enough of that!! BUT even after I tried to download it several times it still does not install a thing and neither does it appear on the add-ons menu as if I had downloaded it(Think this is correct?)
No icon to drag, no listing in the tools menu NOWT! Any ideas please??

Chris

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
TRYING to download PWM?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »
Hmmm... can you be a bit more specific about the steps you took?

You say you downloaded it - did you actually INSTALL it? It is a Firefox extension, so must be installed just like any other Firefox extension.

If you installed it - does it show in your installed extensions list?

If you installed it directly, by clicking on the .xpi file on the Addons page, you then have to restart Firefox before the extension will actually be installed - again, just like any other firefox extension.

After that, it is added to the 'Tools' menu, and there are two toolbar buttons that you can add.

Offline Chris Goddard

• Normal Members
TRYING to download PWM?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:57:51 AM »
Quote from: tanstaafl
Hmmm... can you be a bit more specific about the steps you took?

You say you downloaded it - did you actually INSTALL it? It is a Firefox extension, so must be installed just like any other Firefox extension.

If you installed it - does it show in your installed extensions list?

If you installed it directly, by clicking on the .xpi file on the Addons page, you then have to restart Firefox before the extension will actually be installed - again, just like any other firefox extension.

After that, it is added to the 'Tools' menu, and there are two toolbar buttons that you can add.

Well I "Installed" it as per your instruction above. Via the auto route as extensions normally do. But on looking in the tools menu AND the add ons menu I find zilch to do with this programme?? So no thing at all has appeared?? Is it JUST me??

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
TRYING to download PWM?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 02:02:04 PM »
Did you restart Firefox after installing it?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
TRYING to download PWM?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
Quote from: Chris Goddard
Well I "Installed" it as per your instruction above.
Ok - but I didn't really give you any specific instructions...

Via the auto route as extensions normally do.
? I assume you mean that you can simply click on an extension at the Addons site and it prompted to install? Then yes, that should have installed it...

But on looking in the tools menu AND the add ons menu I find zilch to do with this programme??
If it doesn't show in the list of installed extensions/addons, then it is not installed.

So no thing at all has appeared?? Is it JUST me??
I have installed PWM so many times I couldn't even estimate how many that would be.

So, either there is something really screwy with your Firefox install, or maybe some antivirus or firewall setting is interfering with it?

What version of Firefox? What version of PWM are you trying to install?

Believe me when I say that there is nothing wrong with PWM itself, as long as you are grabbing a good copy of it.

Also - I know this is probably very frustrating for you, but please stick with it - once you figure out why it isn't installing properly, and get it installed, and then spend some time learning how it works - well, lets just say that going without PWM for me would be worse than having to go back to dial-up for internet access...

We'll be happy to help you learn how to use it once you get it installed properly...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
TRYING to download PWM?
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 02:27:31 PM »
In addition to what tanstaafl said, make sure to restart all Firefox browsers after installation. If it still doesn't appear to be installed, then you have a bad Firefox profile. Create a new one and try again.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#new

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
TRYING to download PWM?
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »
Good point - I've done that myself - closed the current open window, but forgot that I have two others open...

PasswordMaker Forums

TRYING to download PWM?
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »