Author Topic: Auto-populate without creating URL patterns?  (Read 4961 times)

Offline msak007

• Normal Members
Auto-populate without creating URL patterns?
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:16:58 PM »
Hello, this is my first post here and I want to say thank you for this great app and Firefox extension. It took me a while to find something to replace RoboForm when I switched to Linux (no search results ever mentioned PWM), and I must say this is a much better password manager (feature wise).

I'm now trying to set it up for my father so he won't have to rely on RoboForm in Windows, but I want to make it as easy as possible for him because I'm not always around to help him out. My question is this - when creating an account and checking the option to the auto-populate fields (in the "URLs" tab of the account settings), is there a way to get it to automatically use the login / password without defining a custom URL filter pattern, or having it automatically create a pattern? Creating a pattern manually for ever site would be too complex for him to do after every new login he wants to create. Basically I'm asking for a way to simply create an account, tell it what user name / URL to use, have it generate the password, and that's it - next time he visits the site, it will auto fill the fields so he can log in. I apologize if this has already been answered or posted elsewhere, and if so direct me there. I searched through the forums and looked through the online docs and couldn't find an answer to my question. Thanks in advance.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 09:10:53 PM »
Yes, this is covered by "automatically populate username and password fields" for the Defaults setting. Unforuntately, the option got accidentally removed from the last release. I was supposed to put it back in and release it a long time ago, but kept putting it off in the hopes to get other things in the release.

I'll fix it and put it in a release this weekend (1.6.2), probably release it tomorrow (Sunday). I'll post again when it's done.

Offline msak007

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 04:26:17 PM »
Thanks for the quick response! I thought I was missing something, because the online documentation kept mentioning enabling that option under the Defaults but I just couldn't find it. Glad to know it was simply missing and not anything I was doing wrong.

So basically you're saying that with that missing option, once it's enabled in Defaults it will automatically create a URL pattern for all accounts you create? If so, that's exactly what I was looking for and will anxiously await the next release. Thank you.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 05:41:44 PM »
Yep, that's exactly what it does.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 11:52:02 AM »
Hey Eric...

Did you forget about this? Or maybe you wanted to include some more goodies?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 02:32:20 AM »
AMO isn't accepting extension updates until 15 March because they're upgrading their site.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 02:32:20 AM »