Author Topic: Corel does not work  (Read 7547 times)

Offline John Liebson

Corel does not work
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:30:28 AM »
www.corel.com:

1. The password they use is one's email address. PWM, in Advanced Auto-Populate, seems to recognize the blank on the Corel web page, calling it Portal Username, and puts my email address in that part of PWM.

2. PWM does fill in an advanced autopopulate for the password I neeed to use (which is not PWM's generated password.

2. If I go to the web site, PWM refuses to autopopulate either the email address blank or the password blank.

3. PWM will populate the password blank using the CoolKey, but that puts the wrong password into the blank. (I suspect that PWM is entering its own password, not the one I need to use. In addition, PWM will not populate the email blank.

In short, so far, I've been totally unable to use PWM for this site. What do I need to do to get PWM and Corel to talk to one another?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Corel does not work
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 10:09:30 PM »
I created a test account and it works fine for me...

Did you dbl-check the URL pattern you're matching on?

Offline John Liebson

Corel does not work
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 11:43:51 PM »
Quote from: tanstaafl
I created a test account and it works fine for me...

Did you dbl-check the URL pattern you're matching on?

Thanks for checking.

I did try a pattern or two, as well as the simple default URL. (This was my first use of the new URL pattern feature. I am surprised, nonetheless, that the default URL did not work for me: I don't recall that not working for other sites where I've used Advanced Auto-Populate to get PWM to use non-standard data-entry boxes.)

What pattern did you use that worked?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Corel does not work
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 11:49:22 PM »
http://www.corel.com/*

that last asterisk is necessary - won't work without it...

Offline John Liebson

Corel does not work
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 12:14:08 AM »
http://www.corel.com/*

that last asterisk is necessary - won't work without it...
Much thank; I shall try that pattern. (I might even learn something about patterns from this--and try not to let that ruin my day.)

However, I shall add hot green chile to the recipe, not grits....

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Corel does not work
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 12:02:13 PM »
Click the 'Pattern Help' button - it will tell you all you need to know about how to use patterns effectively...

Offline John Liebson

Corel does not work
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:40:11 PM »
Click the 'Pattern Help' button - it will tell you all you need to know about how to use patterns effectively...
I did click on that button, and read the help briefly, but it was so complex, and I was in the midst of so many other things, that it was just a blur.

I did enter the pattern you provided and went to Corel. I still did not get the boxes filled in automatically, even though PWM is set to do that; however, at least the CookKey now works correctly. I'll do some more investigating as time/energy/etc. allow; I might even actually read the pattern help file.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Corel does not work
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »
When you say 'even though PM is set to do that'... are you saying that you have the -Auto-populate' checkbox checked, and when you navigate to the login page, the MPW prompt doesn't pop-up?

Mine does. What version of PWM? FFox version? Do you have FFox's native 'Remember Passwords' option enabled?

Offline John Liebson

Corel does not work
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 01:54:23 PM »
When you say 'even though PM is set to do that'... are you saying that you have the -Auto-populate' checkbox checked, and when you navigate to the login page, the MPW prompt doesn't pop-up?

Mine does. What version of PWM? FFox version? Do you have FFox's native 'Remember Passwords' option enabled?
Sorry, only question to a customer....

Let's see:

1. I'm not sure about your Auto-Populate question (Corel is the first new password I've entered since starting to use PWM 1.6.1.) On the URLs page, I've checked the "Automatically populate ..." entry. Is that what you mean?

2. PWM 1.6.1; FFox 2.0.0.1; I told FFox to not remember the password for Corel.

3. I don't recall which Corel page I happened to be on when I had to use CookKey; I suspect it was found by going to Corel.com, then to Support, then to "Email us," which latter does require that one be logged in.

4. While you are being so helpful, perhaps you could also figure out why, in WordPerfect X3, I suddenly cannot record template macros? (That problem, which so far has been unsolved by the folks at the best non-Corel website for Corel products, is what led me to set up PWM for Corel, so that I could send tech support an email asking for assistance.)

Offline John Liebson

Corel does not work
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
Quote from: John Liebson
Sorry, only question to a customer....

Let's see:

1. I'm not sure about your Auto-Populate question (Corel is the first new password I've entered since starting to use PWM 1.6.1.) On the URLs page, I've checked the "Automatically populate ..." entry. Is that what you mean?

<snip>
Okay, I just went back to Corel, this time from WordPerfect; again, I went to "email us", and PWM worked automatically and correctly. (Perhaps this only works during daylight hours...).

At any rate, again, thanks for the assistance; all now seems to be working correctly.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Corel does not work
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »
Yep. With that option checked, simply browsing to a page with a URL that matches should cause the prompt for the Master Password to pop-up.

Three other things on the URL pattern you are using...

1. The actual pattern goes in the SECOND box - the first box is just what you want to name it. I generally just name them '1', '2', etc,

2. The pattern match algorithm is 'starts with and contains' - so you have to have the full URL - ie, 'http://' in there as well (it is a security risk to use a preceding asterisk, ie, '*corel.com*, and is strongly discouraged, although it will work) - and I as I said earlier, you'll also need the trailing '/*' (can you do a screen shot of your URL Pattern window?), and

3. The pattern should be type 'Wildcard'...

3. I don't recall which Corel page I happened to be on when I had to use CookKey; I suspect it was found by going to Corel.com, then to Support, then to "Email us," which latter does require that one be logged in.
If coolkey works, the auto-populate should work.

Can you describe, in detail, the steps you take to activate coolkey (including what URL you are on, and whether or not you are manually opening up PWM)?

4. While you are being so helpful, perhaps you could also figure out why, in WordPerfect X3, I suddenly cannot record template macros? (That problem, which so far has been unsolved by the folks at the best non-Corel website for Corel products, is what led me to set up PWM for Corel, so that I could send tech support an email asking for assistance.)
Heh... sorry, not a Corel user, so can't help you there...

Okay, I just went back to Corel, this time from WordPerfect; again, I went to "email us", and PWM worked automatically and correctly. (Perhaps this only works during daylight hours...).

At any rate, again, thanks for the assistance; all now seems to be working correctly.
Glad to hear it, and you're welcome...

PasswordMaker Forums

Corel does not work
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »