Author Topic: Auto-populate Bug with 3 accounts at same site  (Read 10912 times)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Auto-populate Bug with 3 accounts at same site
« on: December 28, 2006, 08:11:24 PM »
Hi Eric,

Ok, here's a weird one...

I just created my 3rd account with www.1and1.com, and when I added the 3rd account to PWM, I discovered the following bug(s)...

NOTE: I have Auto-Populate DISABLED on all 3 accounts...

When I go to their login page:

https://admin.1and1.com/

1. I get an AUTOMATIC Account Selection prompt for the 3 accounts (should not happen)

2. If I try to arrow down to the second account in the list, it gets skipped (goes to the bottom/third one). If I arrow up, it goes back up to the top (first) one, again, skipping the middle account.

Now, I can dbl-click the middle one, and the subsequent log in works fine, BUT, thereafter, on EVERY page load/reload while working in my account, I continue to get an Automatic Account Selection prompt - BUT ONLY FOR TWO OF THE ACCOUNTS (this is the weird part). I don't know if it matters or not, but the one that is not shown is the top one (the top one when all 3 were shown on the first).

I will be most happy to temporarily change my account passwords and let you set up all three to see if you can duplicate this. It seems to me that I stumbled on this somewhere else a while back, but I thought it was fixed.

Also, weren't you going to release a 1.6.2, that was supposed to put the 'Auto-Populate' option back in the Default Account Settings? Or is my memory playing tricks on me again?

Anyway, hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 08:20:49 PM by tanstaafl »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 08:22:17 PM »
Also...

When I delete the 3rd account, the other 2 go back to working correctly - auto-populate doesn't trigger the Account Selection prompt, and when I use the coolkey, it works correctly, as it always has.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 06:21:17 PM »
OK, I couldn't reproduce this, but I'm not surprised because I have a feeling there is some interaction with another one of your accounts since these 3 have auto-pop disabled. How do you want to proceed? I need to be able to reproduce this. Can you reproduce it if the only 3 accounts in your passwordmaker.xml file are for that website?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 08:16:47 PM »
Good question - I'll test and report back...

Thanks!

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: Auto-populate Bug with 3 accounts at same site
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
Ok, I stumbled on what was causing this, although all I can do is give you a general description...

I can probably assemble a specific step by step on how to reproduce it with a clean RDF file if you need me to, but hopefully the following will be enough of a hint...

The problem had to do with certain accounts having a 'password' field added in the 'Advanced Auto-populate' tab, but the field apparently didn't exist on the web page. When I deleted this field, the accounts no longer tried to auto-populate...

I think this field was the result of an Account 'Copy'... meaning, I copied an account that had this field set. Maybe I even copied the account for a totally different site, which would explain why the field didn't exist... or maybe the site changed the field name...

Anyway, it definitely is related to this field being defined but the field not existing on the form.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »
Oh - and the 'Notify me when this field isn't found' option was checked for those fields that were added.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »